Interim EAD before 90 days!!

racs_12

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody heard of anyone getting an interim EAD at the SFO INS district office before 90 days and if yes then how long does it take.EAD renewal RD was 08/29/02 and 90 days days are getting over on 11/27/02(thats what the lawyer said) and our EAD is expiring on 10/30/02 so can we go and get an interim EAD sometime next week.

TIA,
racs_12

Did u get iEAD last week?

From your post, your EAD expired last week. Did SFO INS gave iEAD in your case. Pls share.

no i didn't get an interim EAD yet thats what i was asking if any one got it then i can also go and get it ...before 90 days or i will go next week and just give it a shot...see if INS is grateful to me
thanx,

racs_12

I have similar situation

My attorney says - I need to be on leave of absence - if my EAD expired and i dont have iEAD or renewed EAD. Does not letting employer know that EAD is expired for few days/weeks have any affect on 485 approvals?

Please share.

sumkap,

If some one has no valid work permit (EAD/H1) and still working then it may be illegal and it could get that some one into trouble! By the way it is not employer's problem rather it is candidate's problem.

Also note that some one on H1 can continue working upon applying for H1 extension but same is not true in case of EAD (as far as I know)!

-PCee

You can work without EAD but, if discovered, your employer may be fined. Eventhough, it is also your moral responsibility to let your employer know about EAD expiration, it is finally employers responsibility to make sure that you don't work without proper authorization.

Better take leave of absence until you get renewal.

my attorney told me that as per INS guidelines, there is no way to get an interm EAD before 90 days in case of employment based AOS.

racs_12, please share your experience with us if you've tried getting one before 90 days. that is very helpful.

Well, I have not seen anyone getting one before 90 days. But, there is always "first time" for everything. It does not harm to go to local INS with a letter from the employer stating that you are badly required at job (something really convincing...). You can also put your own letter stating monetory loss...etc. Take the receipt and all other pertinent documents and give it a try.

By the way, when did you apply for extensio ?