interim EAD at San Diego

DRGR

Registered Users (C)
We went yesterday (6/20) to the San Diego Office to get our interim EAD (It is over 90 days since ND). The processing is smooth. Went late - 1:00 pm (The working times are 7 am to 2 pm). It took us 1 hour to get a ticket/token number and 1.5 hrs for the approval (approved for 8 months) and stamping. It was late to take the photographs. Went today to get the cards. Took another hour for the cards. Everything was smooth.

There is street parking and public parking around.

Best of Luck

DRGR

No Title

I just wanted to confirm, it is 90 days from "receipt date" and not 90 days from "notice date" right?

Thanks

No Title

Can I go to the Sub-offices such as (Santa Ana,Fresno & San Jose)? Or I have to go to the Distric-office such as (Los Angeles, San Diego San Francisco)? Thanks.

No Title

You can go to a sub office, just not an Application Support Center. So yes, you can go to Santa Ana.

I applied I-485 in Oregon. Then I moved to Florida in November last year. The nearest INS office is the one in New Orleans, Mississippi (4hr driving). The nearest INS office in Florida is 8 hr driving. Can I go to New Orleans INS office in Mississippi or I have to go to the one in florida? Does the "local INS office" mean the local INS offices in any state or only those in the state I live? Thanks.

No Title

I applied I-485 in Oregon. Then I moved to Florida in November last year. The nearest INS office is the one in New Orleans (4hr driving). the nearest INS office in Florida is 8 hr driving. Can I go to New Orleans INS office or I have to go to the one florida? Does the "local INS office" mean any local INS office or those INS office in the state I live? Thanks.

No Title

I applied I-485 in Oregon. Then I moved to Florida in November last year. The nearest INS office is the one in New Orleans, Mississippi (4hr driving). The nearest INS office in Florida is 8 hr driving. Can I go to New Orleans INS office in Mississippi or I have to go to the one in florida? Does the "local INS office" mean the local INS offices in any state or only those in the state I live? Thanks.

EAD reciept if not received??

I filed EAD renewal and got reciept for my wife but not mine . I called up NSC and talked to IIO (lucky to get in 3rd try) She could not find my file in computer . I didn't take risk and filed again for myself.

Now if EAD reciept doesn't arrive can we go to local INS with the confirmation reciept from USPS or FEDEX.

Did any ony used a copy of EAD receipt instead of the original receipt to get an interim EAD. My lawyer mailed to me the receipt of my EAD ang it got lost in the post office. But he sent me a fax before he mailed it to me. INS did not send me the EAD receipt. Can I use the copy to get a interim EAD in the local office? Thanks in advance.

I went to the INS in Jacksonville, Florida to apply the interim EAD with the copy of my original EAD receipt. They accepted my copy. We went in at 8:30am, got the EAD at 1:30pm.