Interim EAD at Newark office

Madman72

Registered Users (C)
Hallo everyone,

I need to know the procedures to get interim EAD at Newark office.

What are all the documents to be taken?

Also, if it is okay to carry COPY of EAD receipt notice or do we need to show the ORIGINAL document?

Thanks in advance,
~Mad

Case: EAD renewal
Receipt #: EAC04084*****
RD: 02/02/2004

I tried to update this string last week on the 5th but did not have the rights to do it!!

Anyway, do You have the info that you need for your visit to the NEWARK office?

If you are still waiting, post a message and I will write in my experience from last week.

Yes, need this info plz.

Hi guys,
Even I need this info, in regards to what documents are needed & when is the best time to go at Newark Office. Do they also take appointments etc.
:eek:
Please HELP!

Dude - Just relax, will ya....

1st things first.

If you have an attorney or attorney firm helping you, ask them to create all your required documents and give them to you so you are not fumbling at the Newark BCIS location.

I will tell you what I took.

1) Original EAD card that was issued last to me. - They will take that away from you, I will tell you further down in the message when that will happen.

2) Take a copy of the receipt notice for the latest EAD filing - This they need to make sure you are actually 90 days behind. I went when I was away only 87 days behind, they still took me in

3) Take a copy of the I 485 reciept notice to prove why you need the EAD

4) Take completed applications for applying for the EAD, I can't remember whatever the name is I 765 or whatever

5) Take copies of the passport pages that prove your identity.

6) Take a G28 form which I believe is for the attorney representing you. I don't know if it's a reqd form or not, so better check!

7) Take your passport also with you.

======================

Now for the location itself.

The address of the place is

970 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102

Assuming that you are driving. Here's what you should do. If you are on Broad street coming from RT 1/9 and the Newark airport area, this 970 Broad street is on the RIGHT HAND side. The place is a Mult-Story building, can't really see any SIGNS!

It's between E.KINNEY ST and WALNUT STREET.

The building is not accessible by CAR. Its part of a federal buildings area, plenty of GOVT buildings around it so you cannot drive up to it.

DO THIS.

From Broad Street, make a right on to E. Kinney and then make your first left on to Orchard Street. This is the closest you can get to 970 Broad by CAR. There is a public parking lot on Orchard Street. It will cost you a maximum of $11 there.

Park at this lot. TRUST me it's worth every dollar to be close to you car after the long wait you will endure at 970 Broad.

==================

I got there at any unearthly 1 AM!!! YOU DON'T.

If you get there by 4:30 AM, it should be plenty. You will be among the 1st 15-30 to get in from your line.

The LINE forms on the opposite side of the street from the building. There is a children's TOT LOT, that's where you need to be.

At 7 AM, a fellow wearing a BROWN SUIT will show up and start checking for the ID's. Dunno why!! But he does. All you need to show is a Driver's License.

He will ask people who have Appts to form a separate line, those folks get to go in FIRST. By the way for IEAD's they dont give APPTS.

At about 8 AM they will start letting you in, you will go through a Metal detector with a mean security guard who will warn you that you will be arrested if you have any contraband! So you better don't!

After the Metal Detector you will be asked to go up to the 3rd FLOOR. I know some people have written down in previous message that it's the 2nd Floor and then the 13th Floor....etc... All that has now changed. Everything you need to do is on the same FLOOR. Make sure you get into the correct elevator, every elevator does not go to the 3rd floor! I did not see any signs warning me about it, hopefully there is one when you get there.

On the 3rd floor, after you get off the elevator, tell the guard you are there for iEAD and she will send you to a line which is on the left hand side of the corridor. The line leads up to 7 windows dedicated for people like you with no APPTS. Rest assured only a couple of those windows will be continously manned!

The lady here will check your docs. Primarily she will need the Application for for an iEAD and the reciept notice to prove that you are 90 days behind. She will confirm your identity and the like and will ask you to take a seat until your name is called. Depending on when you got to this lady, you may wait for about 30-45 minutes, unless they are severely backlogged by the time you saw an agent at the counter. This wait will be the EASY ONE.

Make sure you stay within the 1st 5 rows of seating so you can be within EARSHOT when your name is spelled. When you are called, you will be given a WHITE ENVELOPE with some reciept stapled to it. DON'T OPEN IT.

You will be asked to go the FAR END of that room to a place where a lot of people will be sitting. There will be a SIGN saying EAD so go that area of the room. With out waiting go straight to the 1st counter on the RIGHT and handover your WHITE ENVELOPE and take a seat in front of the counters.

This is where you will achieve your NIRVANA of getting your iEAD. Hope and pray that they will call your name soon, It took them 3 hours to call me, so be prepared for an AGONIZING wait. You will see that there is no reasoning on who get's called FIRST. This place will operate as if they are in no REAL Hurry.

When someone said PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE, they must've waited at the EAD counter.

WHEN you are called the fellow at the counter will ask for YOUR EAD and KEEP IT. He will ask for your PASSPORT and verify your DOB, First Name , Last Name, Middle Name and ADDRESS. AFter that GUESS WHAT!!

WAIT AGAIN until they call you. But this wait should be relatively short. You will be called in a batch of 6-7 people to take a MUGSHOT. SO be sure to SMILE. Your ordeal is coming to an END. Before your mugshot, you will get fingerprinted. After the mugshot, you guessed it, You go back out and WAIT until you are called again to receieve your PRIZE (iEAD).

Don't RUN out of the place YET, be DAMN sure to check that they did not screw up any info on that iEAD card, if they did, then have them correct it right then, sorry that will mean more waiting.

If everything looks good, then get the HELL out of that place.

Once you get your EAD, go have a PARTY, if you did not get any sleep the night before, then Go and Get some SLEEP.

Good LUCK.

Hi
I have seeen many of them saying need Application form
Dio I need to fill out new Application form (Is there something for Intermi EAD) or same form which we filled before

Do we need Company Covering Letter

Do we need to take G-28 form

Thanks

G28 is only if you have an attorney representing you. I would double check on this from some place.

I did not take any company letter as the reason for my iEAD was PENDING 485 Adjudication. If your situation is something else, then double check.

The application form is the same, nothing special for iEAD

Hi nybanker1,

I loved your explaination. It's clear and detail. No one is better than you for Interim EAD.

Thanks
lmk102630

RD 04/26/02
FP1 06/22/02
FP2 05/20/04

Wow!!!

nyBanker1,

Wow Wow!! that was once heck of a detailed information to get iEAD.

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately I am checking this thread after My wife got her iEAD.

We went through every single process you mentioned and we have gone through the HEIGHT of patience...

We live in Southhhhh jersey and have to start around 4 AM in the morning to drive down to Newark INS office. IIO told me that Cherry Hill office is currently closed for renovation pupose.

Reached around 6:00 AM (was speeding up in 90 miles) .
Dropped my wife infront of INS office asking her to save a spot in the line.
I didnt park it in the paid parking lot next to INS. Rather got an spot on the road two streets parallel. (This way we saved 11 bucks)
They aint issued any Yellow token.
Got inside the building around 8:30 AM
Reached Third Floor and got a token ID T#(E016)
They called our T# within TEN minutes. We were so happy for calling out our token so quick. We submitted our appln and documents and they told that they would be calling our name soon. Hmmmmm back to earth...

Here comes the next part.. They called our T# after 2.5 Hours. :(

Took Photograph and Fingerprint.

Got our iEAD in next 10 minutes.

Checked up , everything seems to be fine. We walked out of INS building.

Picked up our car and headed back home.

Documents that we took:
I-485 Receipt Notice
Passport
I-765 Receipt Notice (original and a copy)
SSN Card
Current Ead Card
I-765 Application form

Documents submitted or shown for proof:

Driver's License (to get into INS building)

I-765 Form & I-765 Receipt notice => Submitted at the counter

Passport ==> Proof of Identity at the counter

We still have our current EAD card that expire by 05/20/2004.

Bunchofquestion,
Thanks a lot for ur reply.

:)
Mad

iEAD

Both of U, that was very helpful. Only 1 more question. Is this place within walking distance from Newark Penn station? I could take the train next mth when I go.

Thanks
J

You know what I am not so sure. I did drive around the area and did see the Train Station, but even if you do walk it, it will be at an unearthly hour..probably really, really early.

I would strongly urge you, NOT to walk. Newark is not the kind of place you want to be walking around early in the morning. See if you can get a reliable cab to drop you off.

Better still - DRIVE

EAD Application Question

Hi for iEAD (NYBANKER1 DUDE)
In 765 there is a coulmn which states that
Have you ever applied for EAD before? (Is this the last approved or last pending?)
---->YES
Results
----> PENDING OR GRANTED???? (Is this last approved or last pending?)

Madman72 Or NYBanker anyone? Please answer??

You got ME!!

I did not bother reading all that stuff on that form. My attorney filled in everything and I just signed it. In hindsight, I should have read what the firm filled in.

But from a logical standpoint, you are I assume going for an iEAD, so you have already applied to VSC for renewal and it has not come through. To prove precisely that point, I would argue that you need to fill in whatever required info for that unapproved EAD.

Talk to your attorney or call the INS 800 number and ask them to be DAMN sure.

Quick Question

Those who applied on own and not thru Attorney
Do we need G-28 form ??
Will we be send back if we don't have G-28 form

Do I need to fill up Fresh Applicationform fo I-765

Have you ever applied for EAD before? (Is this the last approved or last pending?)
---->YES
Results
----> PENDING OR GRANTED???? (Is this last approved or last pending?)

This is been asked
But I didn't get Clear Answer

Or Can we take PhotoCopy of our Orginal EAD Application

All your help will be appreciated

Thanks