Interim EAD approved at Seattle INS office

sujathas

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I had filed I-765 along with my I-485 at NSC in Feb and haven\'t received my EAD yet.

RD: Feb 16, 2001
ND: March 21, 2001

Today I went to the Seattle INS office and received my interim EAD which is valid for two months. I didn\'t have to pay the $100 fee again.

No Title

Hi, that\'s a great news....so they considered 90 days from the RD and not from ND.......how did you manage to get it without the 100 dollar fee....I think that I read on this board that some of the others who got EAD from the local centers had to pay the fees again....maybe their EAD renewal was not interim but a permanent one and therefore they had to pay the fees again.........so it\'s possible that if you get an interim EAD renewal, then you do not have to pay the fees again.......any gurus out here who would like to comment on this......also sujathas can you post your experience in details as to what documents were needed....what time did you reach the center...how long it took you......how was the staff....did they crib before issuing the card or issued it to you without any cribbing..........etc. etc.........
Thanks for your info.

No Title

Hello,

I went to Charlotte INS today. It was the worst experiance I have ever had in my life. Even Indian Gov. Officials are not this bad. They are at least considerate.

I had to drive 100 miles and be there by 5:30 AM to be the early bird and at 7:45 AM the rude lady took 10 seconds of her time to just say that she won\'t give me the EAD and period. Next..... That it, I came back driving 100 miles. So waste of my time. But the problem here may be is that it is not 90 days yet.

RD 3/5/01 and ND 3/9/01. I may have to try again on June 6th or if NSC has mercy, they might approve before that. The first one expired on 4/28/01.

Good luck.

No Title

I wonder if they would be so considerate to people who are renewing their EADs. From what I understand, there is no 90 day rule for your first EAD.

No Title

Could you please post more info? I live in Seattle & didn\'t apply for EAD 90 days before expiration. Just did this week. I have 5 more weeks of my EAD. What docs you took with you to get the interim EAD?

thanks

No Title

Das, FYI
Check this website:
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/charlotte/aboutus.htm#anchor155614
I also cut for you here :

Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) (first time & renewals):
File by mail or in person at the Charlotte Sub Office. You will
receive an appointment letter with the date and time you
are to appear. If you cannot appear when scheduled, return
the appointment letter stating the reason you are unable to
keep your appointment at the bottom of the letter, and mail
it to the address below. TPS extensions and applications
pending for permanent residence are filed at the Charlotte
Sub Office. EAD cards are not issued on the same day.
Processing time is approximately 90 days.

USINS Charlotte Sub Office
                                210 E. Woodlawn Road,
                                Building 6, Suite 138
                                Charlotte, NC 28217

I think, Just think ,if it is your first time apply EAD, they may accept your application.

For everyone:

Check the INS website first, which can save you some time.

No Title

The AVM message says "Approval notice has been mailed". Does that mean EAD has mean mailed or just the approval letter.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

I had been to the Seattle INS office before and they told me to come back 90 days after the RD. That was good news for me because my ND is more than a month after RD.

Documents needed: I-765 receipt and a completed I-765 application. To be on the safe side, I think it is better to take your checkbook with you in case you have to pay the $100 fee again. Fortunately we didn\'t have to. They also need a proof of ID like driver\'s license or passport etc.

Now, my experience at the INS office.

Seattle INS office opens at 7AM except on Wednesdays when it opens at 10AM. Wednesday is only for court appointments. I think the best day to go would be either Tuesday or Thursday. We were at the INS office around 5:30AM and were second in the line. An officer came out at 7AM and asked us for the purpose of the visit. We showed him our I-765 receipt and told him that it has been three months since we applied and would like to apply for an interim EAD. Then, were given a form to fill up and directed to a waiting room. We waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes or so. Our number was called and we were told to go to a differnt counter which deals with EADs. We talked to one more officer there and waited for about an hour and half and our case was finally approved and got the EAD within a few minutes. My EAD is valid for 2 months. We were out of the INS office by 9:30AM.

Good luck to everybody.