Interesting Info

srraja

Registered Users (C)
saw this news flash on information on www.immigration-law.com,
looks like good news to me.

02/11/03: DHS Confirms Bush $500 Million Immigration Reduction Initiatives "Alive"

DHS FY 2004 budget plan confirms that he Department is committed to greatly improving immigration benefits to the more than seven million annual applicants. The FY2004 budget continues the President's $500 million initiative to reduce the backlog of applications.
On a side note, people should be aware that I-485 adjudications are currently improving.

I-485 approvals approving?! Yes, because anything higher than ZERO approvals is an improvement. I wish I could get $500 million this way.

Calculations

INS target for the year 2002 was to process 800,000 adjustment of status cases. If INS ensures that the process takes just more than an year, everyone will apply for renewal of EAD and AP, which costs $230. The potential revenue is

800000 * 230 = 184,000,000 (Minimum).

More cases are left pending, more revenue. 500 Mil from Bush and 184 Mil from people like us.

They should be listed in stock market.

Good one !!! bbbishop

bbbishop ,

:D :D :D
What would be their IPO price incase they go to stock market ...????

:D

No

They will be a monopoly. That will make their stock price quite attractive. Think about the entire process from I-140 to citizenship. The immigration industry is becoming biggggg! :D

hot issue

and soon hedge funds will be taking short positions on the INS if they process 485's too quickly!!:D