Intended AC21 Case - Need your opinions

MGI

Registered Users (C)
Wanted to run this by the Guru's -

I was intending to use AC21 to change jobs. Interestingly, my I485 was approved on my last day at the old employer.

1) Do I need to send the AC21 letter at this point?

2) Is this an issue down the road as techincally my last day at the sponsoring employer was the day my I 485 was approved. However - I had resigned from the old employer (have paperwork) prior to I485 approval as I had to give a few weeks notice. Also - I received e-mail notification of approval only the day after I had left.

Appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks.

MGI said:
Wanted to run this by the Guru's -

I was intending to use AC21 to change jobs. Interestingly, my I485 was approved on my last day at the old employer.

1) Do I need to send the AC21 letter at this point?

---> I would suggest doing so if you have not yet got stamped. That way, u can save the "post receipt" and copies of the letter in case there is trouble in future. Others on the board here feel that u should just carry AC-21 papers with u to stamping and provide them if asked. If u have already have got stamped, then there is nothing u can do.

2) Is this an issue down the road as techincally my last day at the sponsoring employer was the day my I 485 was approved. However - I had resigned from the old employer (have paperwork) prior to I485 approval as I had to give a few weeks notice. Also - I received e-mail notification of approval only the day after I had left.

---> Technically, there can be potential issues if you apply for naturalization as USCIS reviews employment history at that time and may consider ur GC fraudulent (no intent to continue with sponsoring employer). However, I have never heard of a case where changing jobs soon after GC approval caused problems.

Appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks.

goodluck!

-ab