INS stop processing I-485....letter from my lawyer

RD_02_2000

Hi all,
I just got a reply from my lawer in response to my inquiry about my wife\'s pending case. Here is the message:
------------------------------------
INS is not approving adjustment now as they have met their yearly quota.
INS will start approving adjustment after 10/1/01. All you need to worry
about it to make sure your have valid EAD/Advance Paroles while your case
is pending.
------------------------------------
This is weird, coz I still saw a lot of approvals on June 11th.

Anybody called IIO today?
Please comment!

No Title

don\'t post such misguiding messages. Everyone going through the GC process is really stressed out as it is, so don\'t play with anyone\'s emotions like this.
They have made all the EB catogories current, that means they have enough visa numbers to process all the cases. So stop posting such messages.

No Title

Thanks for sharing this information with us. As you mentioned that there has been a lot approvals recently, it clearly contradicts your lawyers note. I suggest that you should call the IIO yourself and inquire about the case.

Please keep us posted about your outcome.

Best of Luck.

No Title

That attorney isn\'t worth the salt!

Besides he/she is giving you wrong counsel. I wish we could file a law suit for misguiding and spreading rumor! And that again just after PD became current!!!

No Title

srk401, we heard the same rumor from IIO last month too! Luckily we saw about 60 + approvals after that. Looks like the same IIO is trying to scare us?

No Title

FYI : Only Asylee 485 petitions are being put on hold and not employment based 485 Petitions. Believe me , this is a truth.

No Title

It\'s not a misleading information. I heard the same thing from my attorneys. FYI!!! My attorneys are a big law firm which is used by big Corporate firms. What is surprsing me is the rate at which I am seeing 485 approvals in the month of June.

No Title

173 cases Processed wk(jun04-11) 44 approvals ..

173 cases were processed last week(jun04-11) of which 44 approvals were posted. Also more cases were to be processed this week(jun11-15). This is true and my friend has confirmed this from the IIO. He has got his approval since then but not me. My PD is OCT96....
max max