INS Seeks to Hire 8,000 New Employees

So how does it help us ?

These 8000 are being employed to guard the border, my dear friend, not to make our applications move faster ! So, what else is new ?

Can we get passport stamping in foreign consular office.

My friend got I-485 approval notice. Curently he is in India on Advanced parole which will expire on june 1st. He underwent surgery and can not travel before expiry date. Can he get stamping in India consular office?. If so, then does he need just the approval notive AP/PHOTOS?.

Thanks.

Not just Border Patrol Agents

The posts clearly says that border patrol agents in 2003 and also mark the words "In addition",

Here it is again...

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Justice, plans to hire more than 8,000 new employees (6,000 officer corps positions and 2,000 support positions) nationwide by September 30, the end of FY 2002. In addition, the President\'s budget for FY 2003 calls for a substantial increase in Border Patrol Agents and Inspectors for next year, which will require INS to hire 4,000 new officers. As one of the fastest growing Federal agencies, INS offers a wide variety of career opportunities on the front line of efforts to strengthen homeland security and to maintain our Nation’s long, rich history of welcoming legal immigrants

so what

after getting hired they have to be trained and then start producing - this will take at least 3-4 months.

But those hiring is not helping for benefit section of INS. Our case will always be in back log.