INS Screwup

nick

Registered Users (C)
I have filed 485 with my wife in March 99. My application was approved on Jun 27 ,00. We have been waiting for my wife\'s application. I have called several times to INS vermont service center. Yesterday going through my wife\'s application file, I realized that in her finger print notice A number was different than A number in 485 receipt. Receipt number (EAC) were same in both receipt. I called today to INS regarding this. They said that it might be possible that it can be the reason for the delay in the case. They have already corrected the A number in 485 application.
So, if your case is delayed, make sure to check ALL THE NUMBERS (Receipt number and A number) in your receipts.

No Title

Please post your wife\'s birthday. I have the same problem and may be the error happened between us.
Thanks.
AA

No Title

Different A Numbers :-

I checked the FP Notices and the I-485 Receipts and to my surprise, found the A number on I-485 Receipt ( the number which is just above the Applicant\'s Name on the receipt) different from the A number on the FP Notice (for both of us). However, the Receipt Numbers(EAC #) are the same.

We have already done the FP in the first week of August,2000 but never called an IIO. Details are:RD 08/99,ND 09/99,EB2,India.

I\'ll appreciate if you could answer the following :-

(1) Should I call an IIO to get the A numbers corrected ?

(2) Which A number is the correct one ? The one on the FP notice or the one on the I-485 receipt ?

TIA,
Gabbar.

No Title

You should call ASAP. I mean ASAP. The number on the finger print should be the correct one. That was the case with my wife. My A number started with A75.... Her A number in 485 started with A 42 and in fingerprint started with A75 (closer to my number).
Things that surprise me that how can this happen if they have computerized system in place.