INS returned application after 2 months - Concurrent filing

bju

Registered Users (C)
HI,

My case(concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485) was mailed to vermont service center on Sept 13. I didn't receive any receipt notice. My lawyer got the application returned from INS last week saying it should be sent to Missouri INS office. Infact missouri office doesn't do any GC processing and my lawyer talked to INS information officers. They say they don'y know how it happened and have no idea about it.

Infact another person from my company also got his pplication returned (but many others filed from my company after me got FP notice!!). There is one more person waiting for receipt notice(filed Sept 28). I guess that is going to be same case.

Did anyone ever gone through or heard of such a situation? Are anyone waiting for receipt notice for long time?

My company however sent the application on the same day to INS vermont again.

Thanks
bju

Follow this link for useful information regarding your case....

http://www.murthy.com/ukconfil.html

It stats that Concurrent filing of the I-140 and the I-485 should be sent to the place having jurisdiction over the I-140. For cases requiring a labor certification, the I-140 must be filed with the region where the labor certification was approved.

Hi sanrishi,

My company headquarters is at Boston.

My labor certification was done at Massachussets state and Boston DOL. And Vermont service center comes in the same region. I do not see any reason why it was returned.

Thanks