INS Phone System Being Taken Down 1st March - Unconfirmed

paulclarke1

Registered Users (C)
INS Phone System Being Taken Down 1st March - Unfounded Rumor

*****Clearly What I Was Told Was Incorrect. I appolgise for causing any confusion******

I have heard from both my laywer and Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon's office that on 1st March the INS phone system will be taken down. This is part of the DHS cutover. I do not know what this means. Has anyone heard this. This may be important to all of us. If you are going to post on this thread, only post if you have information, not just generally anti INS sentiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
this seems to fly in the face of what the INS has been putting out (no pun inteded;)) on its website, that nothing will change initially as far as locations, procedures, documentation etc. is concerned during or immediately after its transition into BCIS. the only thing specifically regarding phones that i could find was that its National Customer Service Center numbers will also remain unchanged.

of course, that is not to say that the gnomes at the INS/BCIS will not do anything just because they darn well wanna do it... sorry, that bit of anti INS sentiment just crept in.

I just tried calling NSC AVM... Complete silence after a single dial tone.
What about the online status? AVM and online system both use the same database. Is it just the phone system that is down or they have something else going on there?

hi this i read in ins website

INS Preparing for March 1 Transition Into DHS; All Customer Services Will Remain in Place
On March 1, INS enforcement and service functions and responsibilities will transition into the Department of Homeland Security. INS customers are advised that all familiar immigration customer services will be retained through this transition. Service and benefit features of the main INS Website will transition into "The BCIS Online." In addition, all INS enforcement-related information will be easily accessible from the BCIS and main DHS Websites

To INSFAN:

Your information is wrong. I just called the AVM and got the status of my case. Please post only something that is true.

cmr

I had called the local Chicago office and the receptionist refused to transfer me to an agent as "according to the new law, we are not allowed to give any information on phone. please visit the center or send a written request using the appropriate form"

-ab

cmr,

Please try to be sensitive and gentle in your remark. I could not connect to AVM and became frustrated. I am glad that the AVM problem I encountered did not last long.
Please frame your posting carefully.. like you, many of us are stressed and not having good time. We need to support each other.

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. My intention was to avoid any unnecessary rumours from spreading on this forum, but I agree I could have been a little gentler in my remarks.

Please accept my apologies.

cmr

Transition

I just read the BCIS FAQ. It looks like there will be no impact on the processing; only the name of the department is changing - atleast they have presented it that way. The website has changed. Case status also says BCIS instead of INS.
Impressive! Hopefully it's a smooth transition. We should see more approvals on Monday.