INS Issues Final Rule on Special Registration and Monitoring of Certain Nonimmigrants

niwang

Registered Users (C)
Take a look at this article:
http://www.usabal.com/news/2002/02Aug15.html

Anyone knows if this regulation has any impact with GC stamps holder when they enter US?

I am going to travel abroad with my GC stamp in Sep, looks like that this regulation is subject to nonimmigrant visa.
Any confirmation? Any latest experience entering US with GC stamp?

Thanks

It's not applicable to us.

The article clearly says that it is for foreign nationals who are not lawful permanent residents .

You don't have to worry if you have the GC stamp on your passport.

It is not even applicable to people other than GC holders if they are from India. India is not in the mentioned list of countries.

Lagaan2000

this basically says that you not act out when you arrive in the US. Dont wear a funny turban or a flowing beard (unless u have to) and dont glower at the official coz he/she is in power. Basically post 9-11 in INS officials get to have more and more discretion. The rule for the duration of visitor visa holders' stay has also changed in a similar fashion. After a while we just stop complaining and get used to it. Afterall there still are people who lock themselves in boxes and get shipped to make it to this place...

good luck all...

I dont know what is there to worry about after you get your GC. Just travel and have fun. Make sure you dont make jokes on INS officers at airport.