INS has no I485 cases to process at this time

toto

Registered Users (C)
The reason is:

Old cases (before Oct.) are all pre-processed, only wait for PD current, that is why you see all the old EB3 cases get approved on the March 1st (which is the PD current day).

Most Oct. and after cases are getting FP in the middle of this month, this may take one or two months for INS to go to these cases.

So the only cases that are ready to be processed are those filed after April 2000, and INS seems are still hesitating whether to let these people cut-in or not.

This is exactly the situation I predicted and condemned when a whole bunch of guys applaud INS\' "wise" decision for not sending FP for Indians and Chinese last year, don\'t know where these guys are and what they are thinking now.

No Title

My ND is 11/99, FP done two weeks ago, PD already current, when will INS process my case because my PD is current?

No Title

Based on Rajeev Baid\'s conversation with IIO, your case will be checked two months after FP is cleared, 90% possible RFE will be sent out at that time, then another 2 months to get your approval, so you
have about 4 months sentence.

No Title

Thanks, toto,
2 months + 2 months are too long, but no choice to wait.
Good luck to you.

No Title

There are lot of applicants from other countries(except India and china) who completed FP 4/5 months ago.

No Title

It looks like VSC will adjust those folks from other coutries with ND between 10/99-03/00, and having FP done around august and september last year.
Hopefully, VSC will start working on Oct. 99 cases from April since one month should be enough for VSC to get cleared FP from FBI.
-Just a guess.

No Title

Probably 80% of all I485 applicants are from India and China. So when you say a lot, that is really a small portion. Also Cases from others
are already processed to Dec..

No Title

I waited 8 months after FP and still waiting. No RFE NO APPROVAL. You will be lucky if you get in 4 months after FP

No Title

INS Jan 2001 statistics:

Major volumes of pending cases at the end of January 2001 include: 986,113 I-485 permanent resident adjustments;

No Title

So if 50% are EB based I485, there are total half million people,
if 80K are from other countries, that is only 16% of the total.

No Title

How can you have 500K EBx 485 applications ?
You can have only about 140000 per year totally,
even if you count dependents separately

Most of the 485s are family based in my opinion.
(They take 3 to 12 years to process them based on category
so the EB cases look like lightning comparatively !!)
There are less than 140000 EBx cases each year
(otherwise there would not be the question of unused visas
from the previous two years - I think its two years -
being reallocated to oversubscribed countries under AC21)

I heard that there were 100,000 unused visas from my lawyer
a while back. So for two years 1999 and 2000 there cannot be
more than 180,000 EB applications (2*140 -100) Chinese/Indian applications are only about 60,000 of these.

And how many of these are in Sep / Oct / Nov 99 with non-current PD ??

This should amount to a small part of the VSC work on 485 !

No Title

spoke to IIO this morning and she say my case has been assigned to an officer last week and should take about 3 to 4 weeks for processing
My PD - July 28th 1997
   ND - sept 13th 99
   FP done Sept 00
Have not recd any RFE so far. Anyone else in the same boat?