Inquiring about Delayed Asylum Decision

ari1971

Hey guys,
I have been living in United states over 10 years now, and last year in 2021, I have visited backhome and faced persuction due to my religious and political connection and opinion. Having said that, I have faced that in the past in 2016 as well and afterwards didnt go backhome over 5 years because of the threat until 2021.

Long story short, after analyzing all these life threatning consequences, I applied for asylum along with my wife on mid of october 2021 right after I returned back within 7 months of the entry. Interview done in january 12, 2022, they asked for some additional Important paper, which I submitted as well. However, since then still decision is pending and its been over 10 months now.

There is another life changing incident happen to me whicn is i have become a father in july 2022. So I am extremely worried regarding how they process case and in terms delayed decision how long it might take.

I am tech professional with US stem degrees, and additionally have enough experience to migrate to Canada or australia easily. I do hold visitor visa of these countries as well. I had opportunity of H1b in 2019 and 2020 as well which I didnt pursue as my plan was to settle down In backhome, neither used opt extension opportunity.

Now as per these given scenario what should I do, since returning to backhome is not an option anymore. And I do not want an unsettled scenario with my kid and certainly do not wish to stay in US for the sake of staying. Thus, any suggestion from you guys and insight will be greatly appreciated.