Information on Re-entry permit

vidyakalyan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have to go to India for my family situation (not related to the health of my relatives but to sort out some issues). I am planning to stay there for a period of 1 to 2 years.

1. Can I apply for Re-entry permit stating this reason or should I have to state some health related issues for one of the close relatives. Will there be any proof asked if we say health related issues?

2. How soon can I get the reentry permit.

3. Should I have to file tax returns every year?

4. If I get the reentry permit for 2 years, will there be any chance for any issues when I come back to US?

Thanks,
Kalyan

vidyakalyan said:
Hi,

I have to go to India for my family situation (not related to the health of my relatives but to sort out some issues). I am planning to stay there for a period of 1 to 2 years.

1. Can I apply for Re-entry permit stating this reason or should I have to state some health related issues for one of the close relatives. Will there be any proof asked if we say health related issues?

- Tell the truth. It wouldn't matter, as long as you stress that absence will be temporary in nature.

- Check processing times on USCIS website.

- Yes, and make sure you file as "resident".

4. If I get the reentry permit for 2 years, will there be any chance for any issues when I come back to US?

- There may be questions, but should be no issues.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Aibolit said:
Originally Posted by vidyakalyan
Hi,

- Tell the truth. It wouldn't matter, as long as you stress that absence will be temporary in nature.

- Check processing times on USCIS website.

- Yes, and make sure you file as "resident".

- There may be questions, but should be no issues.

Thanks,
Kalyan

only issue is say u come back in 2008aug...u will be eligible to apply for citizenship in 2012 aug :eek: