Information on Medical Test

diavon

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have been called for my AOS interview on Feb 12th. I have a few questions on the Medical Tests that are required:

1) I had to have an HIV/RIR test done in August 2001 to get my marriage license. Would results from that test (i have a copy) be valid now.

2) Does anyone here have an exhaustive lists of the vaccinations/immunizations I need. Can I have my PCP give them to me before I go to the INS designated civil surgeon to get my INS test done? That would be cheaper because apparantly the procedure isnt covered by insurance.

3) Are immunizations required or are they optional? If I decide not to get them, it would be cheaper right? I got most of them anyway when I was a child or first came to the US for by education; my parents just did not keep the records.

4) Any other tips would be appreciated. I live in the San Jose area.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Your HIV / RIR test is generally valid for 1 year so you are good to go.

2. what INS looks for is the MMR / titers / Tetanus vaccinations. you can have your PCP order blood work to see if u really need those if not your PCP can issue a letter stating otherwise.
and yes your PCP can do the PPD / HIV / SYPHILLS / other vaccinations done before your final medical.

The only thing the Immigration doctor will do is give u a physical. not a big deal :)

3. Immunizations are required (based on the blood work results)

thats about it.
Carry all the original and photo copies of the paperwork (INS must have definately given you a list of papers they need)

good luck and let us know how it goes.