Inform BCIS once you used your AP

rsjoly

Registered Users (C)
I just called BCIS to check the status and confirm the address change. IIO did not give me any useful info, he read the online status once again and told me to call back after a month since processing time(19 months) is not exceeded in my case.

Also he told me to inform VSC by writing a letter that I have come back to USA since I have used Advance Parole. I never heard of this also it does not make sense.

Because for some people, their cases were approved while they were in India. So I think it doesnot matter whether you inform VSC or not after coming back to the country using AP. But on the AP it says that the processing will be stopped and will resume once you comeback.

Anyone has any ideas.......??

RD: DEC 10
ND: DEC 17
EAC-02-065-XXXXX

Yes, That' the law. AOS processing is stopped if you use AP to travel and it is resumed when you return. But neither BCIS nor the person travelling with AP adhere to this law.

OK .. this does not sound right!
BCIS should update your record based on the upper/larger portion of your I-94 (The officers at POE give you the smaller portion) that they keep when you enter the country.

Now, thinking about sending a letter to BCIS informing them that you've come back using AP. If there's no standard form, that letter will only go untouched (similar to the AR-11).

How do they know..

Hi Guys..
I am just curious to know..how do BCIS know that you left this country using an advance parole? Becoz they never enter your and yuor AP info while you are leaving this country..only when u come back they issue parole-194 right?

AP

This is not correct.

I have used my AP 2 times last year and my case has been resumed. I got an RFE issued on my 485.

I never informed anyone. I think that is why they send you to the INS counter at port of entry so that they can update all that information. Why else would they send someone to the INS office at the port of entry?

So, I think you are OK.

Originally posted by rsjoly...
Also he told me to inform VSC by writing a letter that I have come back to USA since I have used Advance Parole. I never heard of this also it does not make sense.

Never heard of such law. Also when you enter on Advance Parole, they (INS aka BCIS offcials at the airport) anyway take you to a special place/room/corner/counter where they verify your data. So they anyway know that your AOS is underway and that you entered on AP. What else they should need? They aren't yet done with already filed AR-11; and now if every AP-user (and many use AP multiple times) starts writing letters informing the INS (BCIS) about arrival on AP, I am not sure how many centuries they will need to open, read and act upon each such letter.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of people from this forum used AP

and no body has informed BCIS and got their approval, people please correct me , if I am wrong.

When I used my AP, I told my lawyer, he didn't mention anything about informing to BCIS. I got my EAD renewed after that as well..

The IIO who answered rsjoly's call must have been drunk :D , or he skipped some topics during the training!

Originally posted by rsjoly

That IIO seems to be really really DUMB. How will they know that you've gone out of US untill you come back and go to secondary inspection? When you go through that inspection, obviously they'll update the records based on your AP.

call IIO only after 19 months

It seems the IIOs at BCIS desk are different category(probably lower) than IIOs at INS desk. In the past, IIOs used to check their database and able to provide some kind of info about the case.

Today this IIO just checked online status which I knew already. Also, see his dumb suggestion to write a letter to VSC about AP. That is why call IIO only after 19 months(current processing time) of your ND.