Infopass

vp4

Registered Users (C)
When we schedule an INFOPASS, are we given a specific time of the day? Do we just show at the time, say 1 PM, and talk to the officer instead of waiting for hours? Had my interview at Newark 25 days ago, passed all tests and was given N652, etc. Then told I will have to come back in 4 weeks for oath. So far, not a peep for them. I want to go find out what the delay is about but can't wait for 6 hours in that room.

yup,just go to uscis and schedule a infopass for ur convinient time and date...just go there at the time specified...
i think u need to go there..newark :confused: has lately had too much of these cases...

vp4 said:
When we schedule an INFOPASS, are we given a specific time of the day? Do we just show at the time, say 1 PM, and talk to the officer instead of waiting for hours? Had my interview at Newark 25 days ago, passed all tests and was given N652, etc. Then told I will have to come back in 4 weeks for oath. So far, not a peep for them. I want to go find out what the delay is about but can't wait for 6 hours in that room.

That sounds strange. Newark does same day oath and if you passed the test you should have had your oath the same day.

Did they give any reason on why you can't take the oath same day? What does it say on N-652?

Wasn't given a reason and like a dope I didn't ask. They seemed hopelessly backlogged with interviews that day. The N652 said "Congratulations. Your application has been recommended for approval, etc." The officer did say to me, "your application is approved. we just can't give you the oath today. You will be asked to come back in a month."

Well, it has been exactly a month and I haven't heard a peep. My attorney did say, it is possible for this to drag on for months. :mad:

tell your attorney to take a hike and go get a infopass...if it says u passed the interview with congrats tht means u r ready for the oath...
vp4 said:
Wasn't given a reason and like a dope I didn't ask. They seemed hopelessly backlogged with interviews that day. The N652 said "Congratulations. Your application has been recommended for approval, etc." The officer did say to me, "your application is approved. we just can't give you the oath today. You will be asked to come back in a month."

Well, it has been exactly a month and I haven't heard a peep. My attorney did say, it is possible for this to drag on for months. :mad:

vp4 said:

Try infopass asap and also try to contact the senator's office. not sure if senator's would be of much help, but doesn't hurt to put any kind of pressure on INS.

Called Newark office today. Spoke to a lady who said the only thing she can do is either transfer me to the voicemail of the supervisor or give me address so I can write a letter. I chose to leave voicemail. Left one and waiting to hear back. Wonder if they even listen to voicemail.

vp4 said:
Called Newark office today. Spoke to a lady who said the only thing she can do is either transfer me to the voicemail of the supervisor or give me address so I can write a letter. I chose to leave voicemail. Left one and waiting to hear back. Wonder if they even listen to voicemail.

Can you share the number you called for Newark DO?