Infopass: "under review" ... meaning what?

longfeet

Went to infopass today. was told that I485 had been "under review" since 11/29/2006. "That's all that showed up on the screen." said the immigration officer. Any idea what it means?

exactly the same reply

When I called up TSC, the customer service rep. connected me to an immigration officer; I received the exact same reply from her when I mentioned that my LUD on I485 was 08/11/06.

My PD is 05/24/06.

ni12 said:
When I called up TSC, the customer service rep. connected me to an immigration officer; I received the exact same reply from her when I mentioned that my LUD on I485 was 08/11/06.

My PD is 05/24/06.

Hopefully uou may get the approval soon . Please keep posted

Hi

It means someone is reviewing your file.

If you do not hear in another 30 days contact senator and book info pass, also call the 1-800 number for any update

susan ward said:
Hi

It means someone is reviewing your file.

If you do not hear in another 30 days contact senator and book info pass, also call the 1-800 number for any update

His 485 filing date is way too early for any of that to work.

Published processing date + 30 days is the first thing they look at.

Same here

Hi,
I visited Philly USCIS office. I too got the similar reply from the officer.
Any of you guys received any further update?.

Thanks ...

info pass

longfeet said:
Went to infopass today. was told that I485 had been "under review" since 11/29/2006. "That's all that showed up on the screen." said the immigration officer. Any idea what it means?

hello long feet,
can you pl... guide me that how to conduct an info pass appointment,
my 485 is also stucked

I got the same answer once, but I didn't hesitate to ask for a clarification.
I was told that being under the review meant, that the no decision had been done yet at that moment, because my security checks had not been completed. Not sure this is the thing you would like to hear, but it's my experience in a similar situation. I hope your security checks have cleared.

I got the same answer once, but I didn't hesitate to ask for a clarification.
I was told that being under the review meant, that the no decision had been done yet at that moment, because my security checks had not been completed. Not sure this is the thing you would like to hear, but it's my experience in a similar situation. I hope your security checks have cleared.

Which country are you from? Does security check realted to the country?

Security check must be done for all I485 applicants, regardless of their country of origin.
I'm from Eastern Europe.

Sorry I think I said it wrong, I mean if people from world other than retro counties tend to be faster?

Some people get it fast, some are not. My case has been pending for almost six months. Frankly speaking, I doubt that FBI cares whether your country is retrogressed by DOS or not. They must have some other criteria established for name checks.

Sorry I think I said it wrong, I mean if people from world other than retro counties tend to be faster?

-me- :

In your signature you have a date for when the background checks were initiated. How did you find this out?

Thanks,

As far as I remember, I140 requires IBIS check only, which is usually processed quickly. Anyway, if you ask this question outside this very specific Texas oriented branch of the forum, you'll be surprised how many ppl have I140 approved, but FBI namecheck pending. So, double-check with your lawyer on this, please.

My attorney has advised me of the contrary

As far as I remember, I140 requires IBIS check only, which is usually processed quickly. Anyway, if you ask this question outside this very specific Texas oriented branch of the forum, you'll be surprised how many ppl have I140 approved, but FBI namecheck pending. So, double-check with your lawyer on this, please.

My i-140 took 7 months to adjudicate in 2006. At the time, USCIS claimed that the i-140 delay is caused by a delay in my "background check" (in response to Senator inquiry). This indicates there's some degree of background check for i-140 approval, at least for some applicants.

Last edited by a moderator: