Infopass is great

ravisant

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

Just wanted to share my personal experience with green card mailing goof ups by the INS. Both me and my wife had our green cards mailed to the previous address where we lived despite filing AR 11 s and informing the INS officer at the time of stamping.
Luckily Infopass saved us. Both of the above occasions, we made an appointment on line and the INS officer was able to call the service center and have it mailed to the correct address right away. Calling up the 1-800 number at best is futile, because we deal with entry level people,who can at best access the on line status and read you the on line message.
So if you have a problem, try Infopass and make an appointment with the INS office. Fastest way to get things done!!

Good luck. :) :)

a question

SO, did you make an appointment by Infopass and then went to the local office to update your address change?

and which one you pick?
Please select type of appointment.
You need an immigration form.

You need to replace your Alien Resident Card.

You need to file an application for yourself or someone else.

You have a question about your case.

You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card.

You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
in case you didn't receive the mail

Hi, ravisant,
I have the similar situation . I made phone call to the 1-800 number and the officer told me to change address through local office since the case has been approved.

Would you please tell me more details about your address change?
Did you go to the same local office as you did your passport stamping?
I am just wondering since you told the officer the address change while Passport Stamping, why need to run Infopass for address change again? what's differences?

Thanks,

HWJbacon

Friends,

I called the USCIS on Dec 3rd to update the address, (as my case was missing, the lady transfered me to an officer and he updated the address)
On Dec 3rd I received an email saying Dec 2nd my case has been approved!! But the offie never told me anything about the approval. I am still waiting for my approval.

I have no problem even it goes to my earlier address, as its my firends address.

Do I need to call USCIS and check where they have mailed the approval notice?

I changed my address after filing 485. I've received my FP notofication in my NEW address. Does it mean that they have my correct address and will be sending any future mails to my new address?? Anythoughts will be appreciated.

I think if you received any letter from INS at the new address, you will be Ok for the rest of the letters.

I made phone calls to the 1-800 number on Dec 6, the INS officer there told me that since my I485 was approved, she cann't do it, the change of address needs to be done through the local office besides filing AR 11 form.