InfoPass in advance

rajeshfromLA

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My 90 days from RD of I485/765/130 package is about fifty days away from today. My RFE for a birth certificate was just received by CRIS.

Do you think its safe to take an InfoPass appt. for the 90th day to seek an iEAD? and then cancel the appointment if I get my EAD before that?

Also, I hope that taking the InfoPass appointment doesnt spoil my chances of getting the EAD early.

Has anyone else done it before?

thanks

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello,

My 90 days from RD of I485/765/130 package is about fifty days away from today. My RFE for a birth certificate was just received by CRIS.

Do you think its safe to take an InfoPass appt. for the 90th day to seek an iEAD? and then cancel the appointment if I get my EAD before that?

Also, I hope that taking the InfoPass appointment doesnt spoil my chances of getting the EAD early.

Has anyone else done it before?

thanks

INFOPASS has no bearing on your case eventhough they ask for A# for referenece when you book an appt. If your RFE is received and if they are happy with it, you should get your EAD well before the 90 days are up. The RFE holds the EAD in 90% of the cases. In my case, RFE was received by USCIS on Oct 26 and EAD was approved Nov 7.

Depending on how busy your DO is, you might get an INFOPASS within the week if you start looking. You dont have to reserve a slot 50 days before. If you dont make it to the INFOPASS appt, nothing happens. Its not like the GC interview where it is mandatory to attend.

Thanks, ari4u

Would you know if acknowlegdement of receipt of RFE means that they have accepted it succesfully? My RFE was for a birth certificate (like yours). My DO is Los Angeles.

rajeshfromLA said:
Thanks, ari4u

Would you know if acknowlegdement of receipt of RFE means that they have accepted it succesfully? My RFE was for a birth certificate (like yours). My DO is Los Angeles.

By receipt, you mean USPS receipt? Thats only proof of acceptance of your package, not proof of accepting RFE response.

You can look at your case status online. If you see something like this, then your RFE was accepted and case has resumed. It is pretty rare that USCIS sends another RFE but you never know.

On <date>, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.