Infopass Appointment

mmrb

Please refer to my signature below:
I have made infopass appointment to speak to an immigration officer to find out about my case. Has anyone done this before? Are they helpful or waste of time?

Hi Mb1:

It would be interesting to see as to what do the immigration officers tell you. Based on what I have read from various members of this forum, the responses have been sort of mixed.

Have you raised an inquiry with USCIS? Did thye write back to you..

I would be curious to know, as to what happens with your case. I think, I will be in a similar boat as you soon.

Regards

mb1 said:
Please refer to my signature below:
I have made infopass appointment to speak to an immigration officer to find out about my case. Has anyone done this before? Are they helpful or waste of time?

Recently I did same as I was getting similar reply from Vermont Service Center for Status enquiries for the last 2 years. It has been saying, case pending for back ground check. I was curious to know if this was a real message or something standard format is being printed out and hence took the appointment. I would say my appointment was fruitful to some extent that the officer was co-operative and just reiterated the same what I was hearing. She also found that my FP was expired and advised me to submit FP and printed out FP notice immediately.
Now I have to figure it out how to take up with Name check process before my dates become current. Hope this is helpful. I would say doing something is better than doing nothing. So if it is easy access to office...go ahead.