InfoPass Appointment Experience - June 15

anandkan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I had an appointment with IO this Morning in Dallas Field Office in Stemmons Fwy to inquire about my I-485 case. Luckily the IO is a desi and was very friendly. This is the excerpts of the discussion:

Me: Good Morning Sir
IO: GM, What can I do for you?
Me: (Thought in my mind, Please approve my case:) Wanted to find out why the adjudication of my case is being delayed.
IO: OK, you have the documents?
Me:(gave all the docs. He looked at my I-485 Case #, verified in the system, IO: What's your address?
Me: .........
IO: Your biometrics happened on May 7th (which is not correct. it was on May 9th. I did not dispute.There was audit on your case on May 30. It's a good sign
Me: How long should I wait for the adjudication?
IO: We will have to perform additional review.
Me: Is my NC cleared?
IO: Cleared long time back (apparently he refers to the results of my first FP happened long time back)
Me: One last question: Will my case be adjudicated before the next retrogression kicks in?
IO: I can't confirm.
Me: Thank you sir for the helpful information
IO: Wait for a minute
(He then handed over a letter in USCIS letter head which reads as follows:
"Thank You for visiting the Dallas Field office today. File was audited on 5/30/2007. We are actively Processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case."

These are my thoughts:
1. It's heartening to note VSC--->TSC cases are being actively looked into by USCIS. (Audit on 5/30 is a good sign)
2. There is no manual data entry at TSC for the transferred cases as some folks contended
3. NC is NOT triggered after every FP.

Let me know the thoughts of other members of this elite forum. Thanks
:)

anandkan need yr response plz

thanks for yr infopass input.

Guru,are they going by PD or 485 ND as my PD is Nov 22, 2002 and 485 RD is oct 8.2004 all others being EB3 india vsc---- tsc transfer. i am getting concerned as there was no lud after my transfer.....

appreciate yr input did you get any lud changes after yr transfer or any indications if there is any hope fr transfer cases

thanks

It is interesting that there was no LUD on your case for the 5/30 audit. But then, it's also probably the reason TSC is getting flooded by calls to enquire about the status - if there is no LUD, how can a person reasonably be expected to believe that his/her case has been looked at since the VSC->TSC transfer?

anandkan,

I went to local field office in West Palm Beach, FL 0n 06/11/2007.
IO: told me your file was opened on 05/31/07(no LUD) and its with officer for review.
as far as name check & security is concern its cleared.
IO did not give any documents to me. since then i have been calling to TSC and they are telling me our file is with office for review...... i have no idea what review he is doing for last 4 years since our case RD is 12/12/2003

only thing is different with your case is you have active FP and mine is more than 15 month old so you have good chance of getting approval soon

i dont think there is any order or rule of approval @ USCIS so tough luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting close but!!

Customer Information Receipt given to me on June12:
Thank you for visiting the Dallas Field Office today. Our records indicate that your case is currently under review with an officer as of 5/17/07. Please allow 90 - 180 days for any further action.

Do not understand what they are doing since it is 626 days since the successful completion of interview at the local office:confused:

Today I received a letter dated 6/7/07 from Dallas Field Office in response to the service request raised on 5/15/07:
Your case is under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 to 120 days of the date of this letter.

As i was going through USCIS OMBUDSMAN report and noticed that these officers picks up cases which has less complexity as per their understanding
eg. no RFE, no pending Name check & security clearance etc. etc..

to show up their performance becuase each service center, district office & field office gets money based on these.

people @ USCIS are incencitive and cannot understand the troumma of peope sitting on ther side of the table.

wait...wait...wait....

GODBLESSTHEUSA,

Yes, there was a LUD change after the case is transferred from VSC--->TSC and one on 5/8. My FP was done on 5/9. There was no LUD change after that. There is no LUD change for the 5/30 audit. Not sure why. I am not sure on what basis they take up the cases- I-485 RD or PD. I wish I had an answer for that. My concern was to check whether or not NC is done. IO said NC is complete long time back. I assume that there is no second NC after 5/9 FP. Keeping my fingers crossed...

As i was going through USCIS OMBUDSMAN report and noticed that these officers picks up cases which has less complexity as per their understanding
eg. no RFE, no pending Name check & security clearance etc. etc..

to show up their performance becuase each service center, district office & field office gets money based on these.
Yes, it's a really stupid evaluation system ... they get evaluated and funded based on the number of cases decided without being penalized for long-pending cases, so naturally they will put anything that is not straightforward on the back burner ... like what is going on with the VSC->TSC cases which probably require some extra effort to be merged into the TSC flow so they are put behind the cases already at TSC.

Simple Cases Processed first? Not in my case!

Yes, it's a really stupid evaluation system ... they get evaluated and funded based on the number of cases decided without being penalized for long-pending cases, so naturally they will put anything that is not straightforward on the back burner ... like what is going on with the VSC->TSC cases which probably require some extra effort to be merged into the TSC flow so they are put behind the cases already at TSC.
Based on my experience, I would say it is not true that the officers pick up the simplest of cases for approval. My case is one of the simplest: Original labor; Working for GC sponsoring company; Name check cleared. Yet they chose to transfer the case for interview at local office. Local office took more than 10 months to schedule the interview (6 months out of this period the PD was current from November 2004 to June 2005). At the interview in September 2005, I was told the GC will be mailed out when visa numbers become available again. My file is currently under review with an officer from May 17 and still the local office says "Please allow 90 -180 days for decision" as per infopass and "You will receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 to 120 days of the date of this letter" as per the letter I received today in response to the service request!
Strange is the way of USCIS:mad:

Based on my experience, I would say it is not true that the officers pick up the simplest of cases for approval. My case is one of the simplest: Original labor; Working for GC sponsoring company; Name check cleared. Yet they chose to transfer the case for interview at local office. Local office took more than 10 months to schedule the interview (6 months out of this period the PD was current from November 2004 to June 2005). At the interview in September 2005, I was told the GC will be mailed out when visa numbers become available again. My file is currently under review with an officer from May 17 and still the local office says "Please allow 90 -180 days for decision" as per infopass and "You will receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 to 120 days of the date of this letter" as per the letter I received today in response to the service request!
Strange is the way of USCIS:mad:
Your definition of simple may not be the same as theirs. We don't know what causes a case to get more or less difficult for them. It could be any little thing, like they look at a copy of one of the documents you gave and believe it is possibly a fake copy. So it must wait for a forgery expert to analyze it... and it waits and waits for years.

It is gross negligence and inefficiency

Jackolantern
It is more like a EB GC lottery.
The random GC process is due to gross negligence and inefficiency on the part of USCIS.
The officer who interviewed me told me he could not make out why such a simple and straight forward EB case was transferred to local office for interview! At one time TSC was transferring many cases to even totally unrelated local offices just to show there were no pending files with them during an audit in 2004!!

Jackolantern
It is more like a EB GC lottery.
The random GC process is due to gross negligence and inefficiency on the part of USCIS.
The officer who interviewed me told me he could not make out why such a simple and straight forward EB case was transferred to local office for interview! At one time TSC was transferring many cases to even totally unrelated local offices just to show there were no pending files with them during an audit in 2004!!
They do send some cases for interview at random, like at the airport where they will choose random people for body searches in addition to those who are truly suspicious.

Once you get the interview, your case probably is no longer in the "simple" category, as it probably forces them to dig up the interview notes from some file on the other side of a mountain. Or they assume you were interviewed because your case is complex (even though that may be false), so they don't want to touch your case because they are afraid it will take too much time.

Of course, inefficiency and incompetence is at the root of it all. The artificial retrogression gave them a chance to get even lazier. Now they open the floodgates because they've come under pressure, and they'll start approving cases at random because there are no priority dates to force them towards the older cases.

The Ombudsman said they were on pace to be 40,000 under the 140K quota this fiscal year. That means they were on pace to approve 100,000 for the year which is an average of 8333 cases per month, which is 75000 as of the end of June. That leaves them with 65000 to approve in the last 3 months of FY07, or 21667 per month. In order to approve that rapidly, they will again focus on the easiest and quickest cases. They are generally afraid of touching long-pending cases, because they assume that if a case is long-pending it was like that for a reason (i.e. it was complex). So I don't think many long-pending cases will get approved in the next few months while they rush do as many approvals as possible before the end of the fiscal year. When October arrives and the pressure is off, that is when they might start looking at interviewed cases and transferred cases.

Jack!!!! You are reading Ombudsman report.

Jack,

Ombudsmans report is true and being an immigrant, he looked at all the aspects of system and proposed lot of goodies. I dont know wether USCIS will act on this report or not. But I think they changed their internal policies after his report. Bi specalization and case movements to different service centers and Dalls Pilot office. All these are direct results of his recomondations(Prior to this report itself he actively in touch with the USCIS).
My observation is, Since the transfer, they are really going after the cases with current priority dates and oldest I 485 Notice Date and "SIMPLE to adjudicate". I think U better explained this term in your previous posts.

I think all the old case applicants should try what ever avenues they could think of like writing to FL/Senators/Congresmans/Infopasss/Call National CS .

This is the only way we the old applicants will see end of this tunnel.

I see your signature says transfered on 15th March, which is similar to my case. DO you think according to latest processing dates for texas our case will be considered or we will at the end of line even thou our RD are old.

Jack,

Ombudsmans report is true and being an immigrant, he looked at all the aspects of system and proposed lot of goodies. I dont know wether USCIS will act on this report or not. But I think they changed their internal policies after his report. Bi specalization and case movements to different service centers and Dalls Pilot office. All these are direct results of his recomondations(Prior to this report itself he actively in touch with the USCIS).
My observation is, Since the transfer, they are really going after the cases with current priority dates and oldest I 485 Notice Date and "SIMPLE to adjudicate". I think U better explained this term in your previous posts.

I think all the old case applicants should try what ever avenues they could think of like writing to FL/Senators/Congresmans/Infopasss/Call National CS .

This is the only way we the old applicants will see end of this tunnel.

StillAlive,
Looks like our case trasnfer information is similar. The reason for that is Both of them are EB2. I think before all this, Becuase of the WOM USCIS just thought of getting rid of all the old cases where they see the possibility if WOM. When they looked at that, they found all the EB3 case with the old Priority dates. So first these idiots made the priority dates current for the EB3 old cases snd they get rid of really old cases. I think that was the big reason for WAVE of EB3 approvals. Then the MONEY MATTER comes, they wanted to extract the fees from us for EAD/APs so they made all catogories current so that they dont give anyone H1 for three years because every one is eligible for the 485. They are trapping us into this MONEY TRAP.

Anyway, If you want your case to be alive, I think call National CS and create an SR. I think I created an SR in MAY and JUNE.
I had LUDs since couple of days. I am not sure about this but who knows

Thanks that is good information. I did create SR on last week immediately after the VISA bulletin. Now to know about *name check* should I make an info pass appointment this month or wait for the first week of July. Also should I wait for 60 days after last action on my case which is FP2 (this is suggested by customer support).

StillAlive,
Anyway, If you want your case to be alive, I think call National CS and create an SR. I think I created an SR in MAY and JUNE.
I had LUDs since couple of days. I am not sure about this but who knows

Hi hello Friends

Thanks that is good information. I did create SR on last week immediately after the VISA bulletin. Now to know about *name check* should I make an info pass appointment this month or wait for the first week of July. Also should I wait for 60 days after last action on my case
which is FP2 (this is suggested by customer support).

Hi friends
Please give me details how to take Info appt what is the steps for that,
do we need to take any print out from online
once again give me reply really appreciates
thanx