Infopass- 2 Namechecks

Nama:

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I went for an Infopass in my Local office today.
The IO was very cordial and helpful. I went their to ask if my name check is completed. The IO said, there were 2 names checks initiated and the latter one in 2005 was complete, while one in 2004 is not complete.

She opined that the later one should take priority over the first one.
Did anyone had this issue like this.

Nama:

EB3/RIR/INDIA
PD JUNE 2003
RD NOV 2004
4 EAD/4 AP So far
Awaiting I-485 Approval

Hello All,

I went for an Infopass in my Local office today.
The IO was very cordial and helpful. I went their to ask if my name check is completed. The IO said, there were 2 names checks initiated and the latter one in 2005 was complete, while one in 2004 is not complete.

She opined that the later one should take priority over the first one.
Did anyone had this issue like this.

Nama:

EB3/RIR/INDIA
PD JUNE 2003
RD NOV 2004
4 EAD/4 AP So far
Awaiting I-485 Approval

This is very strange, Why they would initiate two NC? Salute to USCIS :D

USCIS has initiated two name checks for me too. This is according to FBI reply that came when I wrote to FL. One is initiated immediately after they received my application and another one is 1.5 months later. Both are pending for me and not sure why they initiated two namechecks. It is so difficult to get over on one name check, and two namechecks :) ...

Check this USCIS memo: http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nheckfbimemo.pdf

From it I know that possibility is real and does exist.

According to the document, if any one of these requests is resolved (NC Cleared) then the I-485 case can be processed without worrying about the duplicate NC request pending. Also the name check is valid indefinitely for the application it was originally requested. The same name check can be used for the other applications for a person within 15 Months.

How they define the rules is one thing; how they execute the rules is another thing. The fact that they can submit one's NC twice already speaks for iteself, i.e. this system is a mess. How can they avoid confusions and improve efficiency (if they really care to) with such a system???

This is very strange, Why they would initiate two NC? Salute to USCIS :D
I think we need to salute the FBI too :D

Same exact name and all other details .... one is completed and one is pending (or shall we say misplaced/trashed ??)

this whole NC system is a mess

I think we need to salute the FBI too :D

Same exact name and all other details .... one is completed and one is pending (or shall we say misplaced/trashed ??)

this whole NC system is a mess

Well, anything is possible with USCIS & FBI.

I had an infopass in June and was told my Name Check is Pending.

Today (07/13) I went for Info Pass agaign in ATL, and Service Rep told me that my case is pending, but All is clear including name check & FP.

When I pointed the earlier Infopass, he looked at the system and told there was actually two Name Checks initiated each one within one month apart. One cleared and one pending. Why the hell USCIS request two name checks for same person and FBI accepts the same when they are overloaded.

It's all crap and they and we both have no clue. It's a complete mess.

Check this USCIS memo: http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nheckfbimemo.pdf

From it I know that possibility is real and does exist.

Very interestin memo:
These check have proven to be an effective tool in the identification of potential threats … blah, blah, blah..

Now check here:

Nor has the government been able to point to a single case in which the FBI name check has uncovered adverse information that was not already divulged through the fingerprint check and criminal database check that are done in each case in addition to the name check.

Excellent article

sbdol,

You found an excellent article. I wish it would be on the first page of Washington Post!
I recomment everybody to read it!