Info Pass appointment at this stage (trying to get EAD)

little_britain

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

Hi there Everybody,

I'm very new to this subject. Sorry if i'm not very aware of the procedures. I want to thank everybody for their replies in advance....

I live just outside of Washington DC.

My wife is USC.

We applied for the usual I-130, I-485, and I-765 and the aff of support back in March.

We recently sent the I-693 (medical form) May 06.

Its about day 60.... So I'm like the rest of you guys getting impatient. I have an infopass appointment today. I'm basically going to ask them how much longer for my I-765 and how much longer for my I-485 interview.

Here is my timeline:

Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) 5/10/06 (I693 required)
I693 docs appointment today 22nd may 06
LUD I-765 5/18/06
LUD I-485 5/19/06
LUD I-130 5/18/06
Infopass - 31st May 06

I'm probably going to see them too soon, but I want to remind them that my case is still not sorted... This immigration process seems very slow. I have a job opportunity which I dont want to lose to be honest.....

I KNOW people out there are sick of waiting for EAD I have read several threads of people attended Infopass then a week later getting thier EAD. I hope this procedure may work for me.

I'm also going to ask has my name check came back.

I hope things go well.... I armed with lots of documents, I feel I need to be prepared. I'm going to ask is there anything I can provide to assist them in making the process faster.

I will let you know what happened at the appointment. Its the Washington DO.

bye for now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Britain,

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think it is a little early to try and get an interim EAD. First of all, under normal circumstances, if you didn't get your EAD after 90 days from your ND, then you could walk into your DO and get an iEAD. But since you have got an RFE, you will have to wait 90 days from when they received the RFE.

But don't worry, it can't possibly take THAT long! I know of people whose RFE didn't delay their EAD at all, so for all we know you could have it approved in two weeks or so.

I know how you are feeling, I need to get a job ASAP. But I guess there's nothing else to do than wait.

Since you already made an appointment, you should still go and try. And do tell us, if you succeed! Just don't count on it, ok?

Good luck!

Good news

Hi there,

Infopass is worth doing even before the 90days.!!!

The lady at the Washington DO was nice. She allowed me to ask a couple of questions. She informed me that my application was processing nicely!
BACKGROUND CHECK FINE!!! - WOW!!!!!! I have heard some nitemare stories.

I also got an email from USCIS I checked and my initial part of my I485 processing is complete and the email said It would not take the maximum processing time (my quoted timeframe (120-180 days)

The lady told me to come back on the 91st day after my initial application and get an IEAD. I didnt argue (despite knowing that they probably shouldnt issue one) I guess it must be different at each office. This was after she said my RFE had been sorted and recieved.

Another positive note the lady said you havent been requested for interview and that was a good thing. If all is well you will recieve your green card in the post (When processing is complete).

Glad I went to USCIS today :)

Thanks for your reply Patty. I know your situation is very similar to my own.

Best Wishes

Little Britain

little_britain said:
Another positive note the lady sound you havent been requested for interview and that was a good thing. If all is well you will recieve your green card in the post (When processing is complete).
She said you weren't required to go to an interview?! Now I've never heard of that before. Your case is marriage-based, right?
Well please keep us posted, I would really like to know how that goes! :)

Anyway, glad you had a good experience. Good luck to you, too!

Positive

Hi there Patty,

The Immigration officer said you havent been requested for interview (I485). I said 'no'. She said thats a good thing, she said some cases are processed without an interview. She checked on the pc for a min or 2. I asked about FBI check. She checked pc again then said FBI background is fine.

The email from USCIS. Says that my preliminary processing is completed, The processing time will be less than the maximum. The next action will be recieving a written decision via letter.

I hope this is good news.... IF ANYONE has HAD THIS SCENAIRO PLEASE GET INTOUCH.

I will stay positive. Thanks for you kind posts. USCIS at my DO seem nice. I hope to get my EAD in the next week or 2.

Overall I am postive. I think I may get the GC soon.

P.S. I'm a British Citizen and my wife a USC. We have been married since July 05. She lived in England with me for many years. (Relationship is around 5 years long) We came back to the U.S. in March 06. We also have a very strong sponsor if this helps with a reasonable six figure annual post tax income - this mite have helped???

I didn't want to unsettle you or anything, I just haven't heard of a marriage-based case yet that was approved without an interview. But then, what do I know! :)
Your case does sound like an easy one, but I'm pretty sure that even easy cases have to be approved after an interview.

The email you've got is probably the one where they tell you that they received your RFE, right? I've got one like that too.

Well, all in all you can be happy, what with your FBI background check being done and all. Keep us posted and good luck with the further process! :)

Had one message on this subject from this forum (AOS timeline)

Hi Patty,

Thanks for the emails I appreciate them all!

I will keep you informed of my progress. If I dont get an interview it could be due to the fact we wrote a supporting letter with our application. Which allowed them to get an idea of who we were (are). My wife an ex-pro athlete, collegiate athlete in the U.S. and my self and ex-college athlete in UK. We are both graduates.... Neither of us have criminal backgrounds etc... My wife worked for the military a few years ago (loyal citizen). A very strong joint sponsor (makes severall hundred thousand a year after tax) the length of our relationship (5 years this year) Who knows. All of your paperwork was nicely presented.... I dont know what makes them say I may not be getting an interview. I probably will get one.... But who knows....

I dont care if I get an interview or not. I just want the EAD and the GC. :)

I dont care in which order either.lol.

Thanks Patty for your kind replies. Our timelines are similar we should keep intouch.

P.S. the message I recieved led me to believe it may be possible for me to get away without an interview. Who knows....