Info on VISA numbers in I485 stage

Pal lav

Registered Users (C)
Spoke to an Immigration officer this morning. She told me that they were waiting for a VISA number from the Department of State. I specifically asked her what she meant by that. She told me that the office which does our I140 has to give a VISA number. She told me that my VISA number was cleared and they are waiting for it. They have no idea as to when they will get it. But looking at GAJ VAR\'s messages & timelines I think they will get it in a 1-2 week period. I also think that people who get their I140 from an office other than NSC will have to go through this(this is just what I think not told by the officer). My I140 was done in CSC. GAJ VAR can you post your I140 center which will confirm this. The LIN numbers which get approvals fast might be the ones whose I140 was done in NSC.

ND:13th Sep 00
RD: 25th Aug 00
LIN: 00-257

THE SO CALLED VISA NUMBERS ????????????

Hello I 485 waiters, I spoke to IIO Lady Officer at NSC this morning, she also told me the same thing, they are waiting on VISA numbers, to be issued by DEPT OF STATE, well, I am really wondered if the VISA NUMBERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, how come all EMPLOYMENT BASED QUOTA is CURRENT NOW, now EB1, EB2 AND EB3, are eligible to apply for AOS, since all the dates are current, if VISA #s are not available, how come the dates have become CURRENT in applying for I485 (AOS) to all categories. Here different IIOs giving different Information, some says VISA #S NOT AVAILABLE, SOME SAYS, there is no file momemnt because of AUDIT, GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THESE SERVICE CENTERS.
MY PD 12/28/98, RD 08/30/00, ND 09/21/00,FP 03/15/01 LIN # 00-264-5XXXX, EB2, India.

CAN SOME ONE THRO SOME LIGHT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR I 485 CASES??
RAMUKESI

No Title

Pal lav, My labor and I-140 done in CSC as my employeer is in CA.
I guess what she told yesterday was correct a information(assigned to an Officer).

Spoke to IIO...

Folks,
Finally was successfull in talking to IIO this morning. She told me that my I-485 case has been "Assigned to an Officer" and I should hear something in the next "30 to 45 days". On further questioning, she told me that my Fingerprint file has been combined with my 485 file and "are OK". Regarding my wife\'s case, she refused to give any info but said that they are processed usually together.

While chatting with the IIO, I asked how come LIN-01... cases are getting approved while older cases are left behind. For this she said that each officer works on their "own speed" once a batch of files are assigned to them and said I should hear something in the "next 30 to 45 days".

GajVar, my guess is that your file is also with the same officer.

God save us...

LIN-00-245, RD July 8 2000, ND Aug 28 2000, EB2, RIR, India