Info needed / Expense on GC processing

manGC

Registered Users (C)
I am awaiting approval RD:07/13/01
I have signed an agreement with my company to be an employee with them until 1 year after receiving GC. My company\'s lawyer is Fragomen.

I might change the company on my own soon.
Any idea how much company may have spend on me for my GC processing??(anybody has done independently?)
Please help!!!

Upto $3000 on avg, Murthy charges $5000 for just I-485

Upto $3000 on avg, Murthy charges $5000 for just I-485

No Title

Fragomen is very expansive, they charge 10K for the whole processing.
for other lawyers, i will say average is 5000 for the entire process.

Fragomen charges anywhere from $7000 - $10000

This is what my company said. I received my GC last month and my company had me sign a document when they started the processing my case and it says that if I leave the company within 2 years after I get my GC I will be taking up all the attorney costs which usually range from $7K - $10K.

I signed a similar document as you

but the LC process is taking forever and I ended up by NIW self petition, now I already filed 485. Do I have to take the cost if I leave the company within 2 years?

My company has a same policy

My company has a same policy now, but they did not have this kind of policy when they start processing my GC 5 years ago. I understand the company wants you to pay all the expenses if GC process takes only a year or so... but now average GC process takes more than 3 or 5 years.. I do not think it is fair for the company to ask us to pay all the expenses... I think we all did what we supposed to do while waiting for GC. I will change my job after I get my GC and if they want me to pay the expenses, I will fight for it!

Break up of expenses

Usually attorney\'s are charging $3500 for the employee, $500 for spouse and $250 for each kid as legal fees. Apart from that the INS legal fees also need to be paid. For I-140 $115.00 ; For I-485 $535.00 each for employee and spouse (if applying for EAD and AP).
$160 for each kid. Some of the attorneys\' ask you to pay for FEDEX charges also