Info--IIO's confusion

AjayBhosale

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for I-90 form and found that the INS officer was really confused when he pulled my information by using my A#.

I went to INS office and I gave my A# to the officer, he was pulling out his hair for almost half hour and then told, "He can not find my information in the system. My application was approved 1 year back and card had already been sent to me (last year) and I used that card." I was shocked.

I told him that my application is approved in 2002 and I never received the card so I am filing the form I-90. But he was not ready to listen to me and showed me the records (printed info) he pulled out from their system. I was also confused for a second and when I saw my LIN # (others can look WAC or so....), it was totally different than my LIN # for my I-485.

I realised that he was looking at the LIN # (13 digit case #) for my EAD application and all the records were related to my EAD and not for my I-485. (BTW, I had previously applied for EAD and AP. )

I told him that there is only one A# number for me but three different LIN#s for my different applications (EAD/AP/AOS).
He then took the correct LIN# from me and then pulled the correct information for me. After that he apologized too.

Thank God, he showed me the print out of my info.

Conclusion: When you call IIO and they can not find your information or a diffrent information than your expection ask them what case # (LIN/WAC/...) they are lloking at.

Thanks
Ajay

Last edited by a moderator: