Inetrview at Newark 4/05/07

VEEYEN

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday I had my interview and took oath at Newark. Interview experience was pretty nice. Officer went through all the application. Never asked about my driving tickets ( I had two old ones) and I never mentioned in my application. He corrected the wrong employment dates in my application, not a big deal.

As I gave my FPs two times ( my FPs are not readable), after the first pass through my application, he again asked me if I had any drinking, drug problems, arrested etc.. which I had none. He was nice to say that he is asking again just because I gave fps two times, then he printed a letter and got my signature. When I told him that I brought Police clearence letters, he took them, read them , compared with my residency info on my application.

After that he asked me 6 questions and to write a sentence in english.

We had oath at 5pm. End of the immigration journey for the whole family ( family had their oath two weeks earlier).

Good Luck to you all who are still in the process.

Congrats and thanks for the post VEEYEN.

Police Clearance letters? I had never heard that were being used in any interview before. Would you mind telling us why you took them along and were they in addition (or a substitute) to the DMV record or Court Dispositions?

Good luck to your family :)

Congratulations and a few questions

Hi Veeyen,

Congratulations on being a citizen.

A few questions if you could answer please(my DO is newark too).
1. What do you mean by corrected employment dates on application? Did you write it wrong? also did you write mm/dd/yyyy format or mm/yyyy format?

2. Did he ask you how long you were with employer after GC?

3. What is police clearance letter? (I got court dispositions for my 2 tickets..is there anything else that I should get?)

Thanks in advacne

Congrats and thanks for the post VEEYEN.

Police Clearance letters? I had never heard that were being used in any interview before. Would you mind telling us why you took them along and were they in addition (or a substitute) to the DMV record or Court Dispositions?

Good luck to your family :)

Let me tell you my GC experience.

My FPs are not readable. It happened during my GC processing also, so I was called for the GC interview ( that is what happens when FPs are not readable during GC). Then I found out I need to take Police Clearence letters for my interview, eventhough my GC IL was pretty much a standard one. The very first thing the officer asked me was did you bring Plice Clearence letter?

So I used the same knowledge this time also as status of FPs are still not readable.

But yesterday officer asked me two times regarding the criminal history, printed a page which says 'no' to many questions and took my signature on it. So I felt taking Police Clearence certificates may be not mandatory, but certainly that helped him to take quick positive decision.

Hi Veeyen,

Congratulations on being a citizen.

A few questions if you could answer please(my DO is newark too).
1. What do you mean by corrected employment dates on application? Did you write it wrong? also did you write mm/dd/yyyy format or mm/yyyy format?

2. Did he ask you how long you were with employer after GC?

3. What is police clearance letter? (I got court dispositions for my 2 tickets..is there anything else that I should get?)

Thanks in advacne

1. I entered wrong dates and never entered my GC sponsoring company's name in the application, by mistake. So when I told him that I need to correct them, he noted them with pen. He never asked me about my GC company at all.

2. I left GC company after 7-months from GC date and I worked for the company for 5-years continuously.

3. Police clearence certificates are not for traffic tickets, they are for unreadable FPs, which may not be the case with many people. He never asked me about traffic tickets, I never mentioned them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much veeyen

Thanks Very Much Veeyen for the prompt response.

Enjoy the feeling.

how much total time did it take you from maling N400 to oath?

Thanks