Indians Too Will Have To Register ????

vaga

Registered Users (C)
Indians too will have to register

http://www.dawn.com/2003/01/21/top12.htm

NEW YORK, Jan 20: Indian nationals (male 18-45 years) would be required to register under the new US government laws, beginning from May or June of this year, informed sources here told Dawn on Monday.

So far the United States has asked only nationals of 25 Muslim nations and North Korea to register with the US Immigration and Naturalization Services in an effort to curb terrorism. Nevertheless, countries like India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka are expected to be placed on the list of countries whose nationals would be required to register under such laws.

However, the US State Department spokesman Philip Reeker told news reporters last Thursday that the registration process was not Muslim countries specific.

"Eventually we will have structures in place for registering everyone from all countries of the world to register," he said.

One of the reasons why the US government had not included nationals of all countries immediately was to forestall the overwhelming rush at its immigrations offices. Hence the NSEERS programme is expected to proceed in batches.

I would not worry about it

Is it not true that DAWN is a Pakistani newspaper?

If above is true then I guess there is no need for any further explanation. I am sure editor of DAWN would love to see all the Indians fingerprinted. But the problem is that they are not running U.S.A.

Let see what countries belong to the CRAP list ? Answer – all red flagged countries…da…

U.S. DOS exactly knows what they are doing. Last time I checked India was not part of global terrorism alliance or AKA CRAP list.

RF

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't laugh enough!

Dude, do you still think that they are your friends? If they don't need you today, they don't give it a damn care if you are an Indian, Pakistani or black and will kick you out.

I can write it on stamp paper and have it notarized that they will include India soon.

Wake up!

Yes, this should happen !!!!

I , for one, would be glad if the Special Regn takes place.
There's simply no place for illegal immigrants. I would tell
everybody, if I can, to march into every shady Desi shop in
Edison and check everybody's status. Every NY cabbie should
be checked. Every gas stn should be checked for illegal
immigrants.

What's there to be afraid about if you are following the rule
of law ?

Of course all this does not apply to the Paki bastards...
they , after all, make a living out of all this. No wonder they are
afraid !

Hey buddy, the one who says he will write on a piece of
stamped paper that they will include India soon..... my response
is.. let them. In fact every country on the earth should ( except
of course the obvious, the Pakis ! ) have Special Regn, and
in that, they should first try the Pakis and kick them back to
where they belong, their bastard nation.

Let's be civic

Sumanta,

I am not a Paki but let's be civic.Let's not degrade any religion or any nationality.

Sumanta, I am an Indian, but lets try to keep this professionial. We are not here to judge anyone or any nation.

We have no right to degrage any one or any nation.

Some people are always cribbing about something. Cribbing about INS makes sense, perhaps, but bad mouthing all NY cabbies and Pakistanis, hmmm ... And that from a guy who went to IIT. I guess they didn't teach him patience and open mindedness out there . :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: