Indiana SWA tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

IN_LC_2002

Registered Users (C)
Indiana State LC tracker

I am so surprised that I can't find a single message about the LC processing in Indiana, while Indiana is one of the couple of remaining states still processing RIR cases in April of 2001. I don't know whether it is because there are not many people are in the process, or everyone is giving up on it. Let's start to track the LC processing time in Indiana state. I hope even though it won't speed it up, but at least can tell us whether it is moving.

indiana

my friend called up the indiana sesa/swa, she was asked if she is the lawyer. her lawyer wudnt call so basically she taking it cool...

good luck

I called the sesa office once and got to a voicemail. The tone of the voicemail indicated that it was futile to contact them. It was something like 'you'v ereached ...blah blah ...
if you want a leave a message, haha, please do so at...'
This Indiana SESA is just killing me.
They have just one person to process not only the Permanent Labor but also do the LCAs for H1b and other situation. I am told that this person has been assigned additional duties related to unemployment claims. I have serious doubts about getting a labor approval from someone who is also handling unemplyment claims..

So maybe I am right, there are not many people at all in the labor cert process in Indiana. It is not the case that there are too many petitions stacking up on their desk, but they just don't work on it. How can we get more information about their processing pace? Anybody has any idea how we can break this stagnant situation? I guess we can't get enough voice to get any attention from Senators to look into this matter.

The standard gripe at the department is that they do not have the funding for additional staffing...yeah, whatever....
I do not have any idea about how many petitions are out there. In fact this is the first time i have seen a thread on IN labor even though INdiana SESA is sooo far behind in their processing.
If there are members who can provide more info, i would really appreciate that.

I agree with Suttu. How about we start tracking the process now. Mine priority date is April 1,2002. Of course, so far no further information about my case.

I'm from Oct. 2001 (non-RIR) and with this speed of processing the date is not significant ;)

Indiana Labor

All,

My application was filed in Feb'03 in the RIR category. I expect a long wait!

I heard from my lawyer that one of the reasons for the delay in Indiana, is the large number of amnesty cases pending relating to illegal immigrants. I do not know if this is true or not, but though I would pass on what I know.

Besides the above reason, I am sure the economic downturn means less officers to work on labor applications.

I would encorage others to post and let us all know where they stand.

Regards,
SK

I am so disappointed to find out that Indiana SESA is still processing cases of April of 2001 as of the most recent update by DOL on LC processing time. According to the archives of SESA of immigration.com, Indiana SESA started processing cases of April of 2001 between Nov 15, 2002 and Dec.20, 2002. It means Indiana SESA has already spent about 6 months in processing cases of April of 2001. And the worst thing is we don't know how much longer this situation is going to last. Should we expect the processing pace to speed up after Indiana SESA finally leaves April of 2001 behind?

INDIANA DOL: RIR filed on April 12th 2001

Guys,

I'm one of those whose been sitting on pins and needles waiting for a response to my RIR filed with Indiana DOL in April of 2001.

Its been 6 months since the DOL moved to that month and as of now I haven't heard anything yet.

I know about a year ago when I started looking at this site, there were a few before me (priority date ie.) , but they've all been silent since 8 months or so back.

My lawyer mentioned there is virtually no way to get any info out of Indiana DOL and we have to wait for case being forwarded to Chicago for Federal labor validation, at that time tracking would be possible.

WEll good luck to you all. Hope this thing starts turning around soon.

Thanks for your comment Raswani. So please do let us know when your case transfered to Chicago DOL. What is your priority date? Early April, or late April? Does your lawer know other Indiana LC cases before and after your case, and how the cases before yours going?

Indiana DOL

Priority date was on the subject: April 12th 2001. My lawyer said he knew that lots of cases have been filed in March and April of 2001 and to his knowledge, hasn't heard word of any approvals yet, so they may still be in Chicago awaiting Federal labor approval or still with Indiana DOL. Very frustrating indeed.

He told me we could start tracking once I 140 was filed and has no idea when labor will be approved.

Hope that answers your question.

I have been closely watching the LC processing in federal level in Chicago. Early this month they are approving cases transfered to Chicago DOL in Feb. of 2003. If Indiana DOL claimed to finish cases of March 2001 in November 2002 (when it started processing cases of April 2001), then I assume all the cases with priority date in March 2001 should have got their approvals/denials from Chicago DOL by now. Raswani, can you check with your lawer to see if he knows about any LC cases filed to Indiana DOL in March 2003, and what is the result. Have heard anything about your case?

Good luck!

Originally posted by IN_LC_2002
I have been closely watching the LC processing in federal level in Chicago. Early this month they are approving cases transfered to Chicago DOL in Feb. of 2003. If Indiana DOL claimed to finish cases of March 2001 in November 2002 (when it started processing cases of April 2001), then I assume all the cases with priority date in March 2001 should have got their approvals/denials from Chicago DOL by now. Raswani, can you check with your lawer to see if he knows about any LC cases filed to Indiana DOL in March 2001, and what is the result. Have heard anything about your case?

Good luck!

I made a mistake in my previous note. I am asking about cases in March of 2001 instead of 2003. I have corrected as above.

Indiana SESA Case # ?

Does anyone know if the Indiana SESA issues case numbers?
If yes, how do they look?
Thanks.

RIR EB3 - Receipt date of July 2003. Looking at this thread, I think I have to wait for ever, just to get a LCA.

I have one question, -Is this processing based on first come first basis or is it based on high demand job application. Now I feel so yucky that mine is filed in July 2003 and there are so many people in here (in this chain and also in INDIANA state), waiting for their approvals since April 2001.

Should we move to different state? Will this solve any problems.

indywaiter :(

Status
Not open for further replies.