Indian Visa - Entry or Business?

califdude

Registered Users (C)
I am a naturalized US citizen of Indian origin and need to visit India for my employee. Should I apply for Business or Entry visa?

Also is it possible to get Indian visa in a day or two? Travisa web-site says it could take few weeks for natualized US citizen of Indian origin..

If you have not canceled your old Indian passport, expect to spend an extra 2-3 weeks to get an Indian visa.

Once a person obtains a US passport as a result of naturalization, what happens if he travels back to India on Indian passport and re-enters US using US passport.How do Indian authorities that a person is now a US citizen?

Once a person obtains a US passport as a result of naturalization, what happens if he travels back to India on Indian passport and re-enters US using US passport.How do Indian authorities that a person is now a US citizen?

What passport will you show in India at the time of departure from India? If you show Indian passport, you will be expected to show a US visa, otherwise you will not be allowed to board a plane to US. If you show your US passport, it will not have an Indian visa nor will it have an immigration entry stamp. Then they will haul you to prison!

I am a naturalized US citizen of Indian origin and need to visit India for my employee. Should I apply for Business or Entry visa?

Also is it possible to get Indian visa in a day or two? Travisa web-site says it could take few weeks for natualized US citizen of Indian origin..

I would recommend get a business visa...
I have applied for Surrender Certificate + Visa on 6/28
Once i get the PP back i can let you know how much time it took. ( Lady at the agency told me should be 1-5 business days)