Independent consulting while on EAD - Info needed

Nagaraju

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
I am currently on my 2nd EAD and Feb-02 RD 485 filer.
Till recently I was working for a company A. Couple of months back Company A has sold our division to Company B. Now Company B decided to keep only 50% of the people in our division and I got affected. BUT Company B want to give me a consulting position for 3-6 months, bcoz the project that I am working on is not finished yet.

Question is what are my options ?

Option#1:
I can go to a consuting company and tell them I want to consuting for this company B, so keep me on your payroll and I will give your share. This means that every hour I get paid by Company B (as is they are offering very less) I need to pay $X to consulting companay.

Option#2: (I prefer if legal)
Can I register for a company name and consult company B under this company name? Is it legal to register for company while you are still not permanent resident? Is it legal to do independent consulting a person is on EAD?

Option#3:
I have a friend who has company registered and he said I can work though his company. BUT he only registered this company. He did not do any bussiness with this company. He did not even filed w2 for this company. If I receive an RFE from INS would it be a problem if I say that I am working for this company ? (assuming that my case approval will come in next 6 months and I am still working for Company B)

Company B does not mind either of them as long it is legal and their pay does not change.

Your views and comments are appreciated.

Option 2 is not good..

as you can't be your own employer for EB GC in case of an RFE.
For similar reasons [Not a financially sound company], option 3 is not good either, but depends on financial soundness of company A.