Incorrect Name In 485

nvniki

Hi Immigrtaion Guru\'s
My details

PD JAN 1999
485 RD FEB 2000

I think I am in deep trouble. My I485 was applied in FEB 2000, unfortunately to my bad luck one letter of my name is wrong ( it has become I in place of J).I contacted my company folks about it and they are reluctant to respond or do anything about it. They are just giving me lame excuses like it happens while scanning and also they are telling that it happens a lot. Anyway for my satisfaction they have sent a requisition to INS for the change. ( they told so and also told that INS may not do anything about it). I want any feedback on this. Should I call VSC and let them know about it. Also I am planning to go on vacation in APR, I think with this mistake I will not be able to make it and also it might pose some problem for FP if at all my FP arrives. ( however my wife\'s receipt is intact)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share your views on my problem and help me out.

NIKI

No Title

NIKI,

Don\'t worry man, I had this problem too. In my case, first had become last and
last had become first. This was in I-485 and EAD, I begged my lawyer to help me
but he never bothered(I had to this because since I was doing GC on my own, my
company used to sign all the papers). Finally, I decided and spoke to IIO, they
corrected mine immediately on the computer and infact I sent the EAD card back
to them, they corrected and sent it back within 4 days(although I don\'t use
EAD since I have valid H-1). I did this just to be on the safer side, I also sent
an additional affidavit confirming the first and last name (2 affidavits one from
parents and one from relatives) and letter to correct my name in their records.
This should not be a problem at all, please speak to IIO everything will be alright.
When you write a letter, please mention that you H-1,Labor certification and I-140
have the names correct. Don\'t worry about this much.

Goodluck.

No Title

That is a good relief, I am trying everyday around 2 hours in morning to catch a IIO but still no luck, I will keep trying.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reponse and sharing your experience.

Good luck with your GC.

No Title

Thanks a lot man. You know the funny thing is my ND is FEB 2000 and
my PD is Jan 99, it\'s a coincidence. And we worry for these small things. May be we are born on the same star. I\'m from bangalore.