Inconsistency…

bringslite

Registered Users (C)
Ha ha ha…

Here is what the online status of a friend of mine says:

Case Status
Receipt Number: lin020xxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 6, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
His I-485 was received sometime in Nov-01. His FP is scheduled for 07/20/04

On the other hand, I did my FP on 06/04. My online case status has never changed from:

Case Status
Receipt Number: lin001xxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on May 25, 2000. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :p

bringslite said:
Ha ha ha…

Here is what the online status of a friend of mine says:

Case Status
Receipt Number: lin020xxxxxxx

Current Status:

On July 6, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
His I-485 was received sometime in Nov-01. His FP is scheduled for 07/20/04

On the other hand, I did my FP on 06/04. My online case status has never changed from:

Case Status
Receipt Number: lin001xxxxxxx

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on May 25, 2000. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :p
Did you call the INS customer service on this issue? This is my assumption but I may be wrong: every case is assigned to a specific immigration officer for adjustment. Some people are lucky enough and their caseworkers are efficient enough to deal with the case and update it constantly on the system. Others may be less efficient or perhaps overwhelmed by the amount of cases. They may have family issues that prevent them from doing their job in a meaningful way. Other case workers may have deep psychological problems and my be inflicted with the pathology of hate against immigrants. I was lucky enough I got my green card 6 months after doing my FP. Others were not so lucky such as Sessanga(where the heck are you sessanga?) He still did not get his greencard even though he applied in October 1998. So bottom line is, it depends on your case worker. Pray that you have a normal one. An alternative explanation may be that your finger prints had been lost so you may need to call the INS customer service. Good luck

Well!

shamshon said:
Other case workers may have deep psychological problems and my be inflicted with the pathology of hate against immigrants.

I think the majority would fall under this classification. The strange thing is that a LARGE number of those processors seem to be from a certain ethnicity and mostly females in their early-mid 20's. (I actually visited the Nebraska Center once).

bringslite said:
I think the majority would fall under this classification. The strange thing is that a LARGE number of those processors seem to be from a certain ethnicity and mostly females in their early-mid 20's. (I actually visited the Nebraska Center once).
I do not think that anti-immigrant mentality is restricted to one ethnicity. Immigrants has long been a scape goat for bad economic conditions in every country. When people feel that their economic conditions are faltering or when there is a deep political turmoil or partishanship, people always blame their problems on immigrants. Hating immigrants is a disease and people of different ethnicity can be afflicted by it. Please watch the movie "gangs of New York" and see for yourself how old this legacy of hate for immigrants is

Well!

I agree. But what I am saying is that, it's sad that many of the experiences we hear about regarding Immigrant INS officers are negative ones (I am also a client).

Most of them are simply A.Hs. And instead of treating other immigrants with respect, they are somewhat bitter, and the worst kind of officers you want to handle your case. Funny, some of them can not even speak English well enough, and have a brain of a protozoan :rolleyes:. Well, we all know that they are underpaid, and there is a severe shortage!

bringslite said:
I agree. But what I am saying is that, it's sad that many of the experiences we hear about regarding Immigrant INS officers are negative ones (I am also a client).

Most of them are simply A.Hs. And instead of treating other immigrants with respect, they are somewhat bitter, and the worst kind of officers you want to handle your case. Funny, some of them can not even speak English well enough, and have a brain of a protozoan :rolleyes:. Well, we all know that they are underpaid, and there is a severe shortage!
The only positive experience I had with the INS was through a judge who was not born in this country. She was the most understanding most educated and most compassionate person the system was to offer. So again, let us not generalize. One thing i can agree with you is that most immigration officers (not the judges) are very limited in their education and have no sense of history or culture because they are a product of a culturally encapsulated education that shields students from being exposed to the outside world. So if you go and have an interview with one of them, there is a good possibility they will know nothing about your country and your culture. They will ask you to repeat the name of your country because they never heard about it.

guys i think i have some explanation for the change of status on line
i think if an applicant get the fingerprint notice through the national scheduler the status on line will not change but if the immigration officer send it manually then the status on line will change i think this makes sence ,or what do you think guys?

yep!

maya,

What you are saying does make sense, but again with these clowns, nothing makes sense, nor they have it.