INCOME TAX CERTIFICATE FOR RTD?? Please read!!!

pedrop

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

First of all I wanted you all to know that I my RTD was received on July 2nd and it was issued on Sept 30, 2004 and just received it today in my hands.

I received the Green RTD that reads "Travel Document". This is the first time that I plan to use this document, however, I just read a statement on Page 21 that reads:

"Information on Income Tax Laws for Holders of this Travel Document:
UNITED STATES INCOME TAX -Section 6851(d) of Title 26, provides as follows:
No alien shall depart from the United States unless he or she first procures from the Secretary or his delegate a certificate that he or she has complied with all the obligations imposed upon him or her by the income tax laws. It is suggested that you call or communicate with your local office of the District Director of Internal Revenue, United States Treasury Department for information concerning such certificate. This should be done within 30 days of the date of your proposed departure from the United States"

What the heck is this all about??? Do you have to get such certificate every time you travel if departures are more than 30 days apart????

Your help and experience is greatly appreciated as well as your prompt response.

Thanks,