INC or USC

INCorUSC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm looking for input from everyone who has been\will be in a similar situation.

I'm a full time working mom(of a toddler, who's USC already) in IT field and we plan to R2I in late '07. After R2I, I want to work only part time\teaching job (still deciding) so I can spend more time with my kid. We're at the stage where we're free to file USC at any time and thinking whether to take USC or not. Two main questions that I've:

1. I'm confused about whether it would put any restrictions on me as USC (vs INC) with regard to getting a job part time as # of compnies\instituations that offer part time jobs are not too many(Is that right assumption?). (I think I should have no problem finding full time job in India with 10yrs+ of experience).

2. My hubby wants to keep option open to start something of his own or continue job in IT field and we're also thinking towards keeping USC for one spouse and INC for one of us. Is it good to do that or too problematic with family members having different nationality? if so, given our situation, which person taking taking USC seems more appropriate?

Thanks a lot for all your input!

It sounds like tuff decision.But now with dual citizeship/OCI.You should not have problems applying for USC.Why take risk.If you can enjoy the benefits of both.With OCI you can do pretty much anything other than vote or buy agricultral land.