In Status or Out Of Status?

foreveranuj

Hi All,

I am on a Business Visa ... and my I-94 has been extended till Oct5th. In the meanwhile, my h1b has been filed through the vermont center and am waiting for the approval.

My concern is - can i be in status once the h1B approval comes through? or will I be in status only after the h1B visa comes(which usually takes a few weeks after the approval). My I-94(for the Business Visa) has been extended till Oct5th. Will I be out of status if the h1B approval comes in by that time but not the h1B visa?

Translation : Will the h1B Approval itself make me stay in status after my Business Visa's I-94 expires(Oct 5th)? or am I in status ONLY AFTER i get the h1B Visa and not just the approval.

Thanks, much in advance!

Anuj

foreveranuj said:
Hi All,

I am on a Business Visa ... and my I-94 has been extended till Oct5th. In the meanwhile, my h1b has been filed through the vermont center and am waiting for the approval.

My concern is - can i be in status once the h1B approval comes through? or will I be in status only after the h1B visa comes(which usually takes a few weeks after the approval). My I-94(for the Business Visa) has been extended till Oct5th. Will I be out of status if the h1B approval comes in by that time but not the h1B visa?

Translation : Will the h1B Approval itself make me stay in status after my Business Visa's I-94 expires(Oct 5th)? or am I in status ONLY AFTER i get the h1B Visa and not just the approval.

Thanks, much in advance!

Anuj

how did you get H1 from tourist?

status

since your I-94 is valid till Oct 5th, you will be in valid status until Oct 5th.
Once your H1 is approved, if there is an I-94 attached to the H1 approval, then your valid status expires on the date attached to the I-94 of the H1 approval. If there is no I-94 attached to the H1 approval, then your valid status expires on Oct 5th. To get back into status, you will need to leave th country and apply for a H1 visa before you re-enter.

foreveranuj said:
Hi All,

Thanks, much in advance!

Anuj