In shock over our AOS Interview Date

calijess

Hi,

My husband and I applied for his AOS in March 2004 at the Los Angeles District Office. He had his fingerprinting and EAD in the first week of May 2004. Just yesterday we recieved our interview date, very surprising to me since the INS website says the are only processing Feb 03. My husband at first only noticed his medical exam forms, so he wasn't excited. He made a comment that he has to go to the district office for that exam (he wasn't reading clearly). I didn't think that sounded right, so I looked over what he didn't see and there it was our interview date for 9/30/2004. Now, we are very excited and a little nervous. We are worried we don't have enough documentation. We have pictures, joint bank account, cars in our names, and insurance. No credit cards together since our credit isnt too hot. We are living with his family temporarliy so no lease. I am thinking of getting together some of our old e-mails and letters from friends and family stating our marriage is bona fide. Any advice regarding whatelse to bring and if anyone has had an interview in LA will be great! Thanks for the help!

calijess said:
Hi,

My husband and I applied for his AOS in March 2004 at the Los Angeles District Office. He had his fingerprinting and EAD in the first week of May 2004. Just yesterday we recieved our interview date, very surprising to me since the INS website says the are only processing Feb 03. My husband at first only noticed his medical exam forms, so he wasn't excited. He made a comment that he has to go to the district office for that exam (he wasn't reading clearly). I didn't think that sounded right, so I looked over what he didn't see and there it was our interview date for 9/30/2004. Now, we are very excited and a little nervous. We are worried we don't have enough documentation. We have pictures, joint bank account, cars in our names, and insurance. No credit cards together since our credit isnt too hot. We are living with his family temporarliy so no lease. I am thinking of getting together some of our old e-mails and letters from friends and family stating our marriage is bona fide. Any advice regarding whatelse to bring and if anyone has had an interview in LA will be great! Thanks for the help!

Good idea about the old emails. Make the letters affidavits. Cards that you have sent to each other, emails, pictures, wedding and other cards, bills, proof that you are named as beneficiarys on each other's life insurance (if any) and named as point of contact at work in the event of an emergency are probably good ideas also.

I had my AOS interview in LA. I think they work on intuition. I believe the officer felt me and my wife are in love as soon as we got in, so the officer didn't ask any tricky questions. She collected all the copies of our documents, didn't look at our photoes, although we were so eager to show off our photoes. After this, we spent 1 hour chatting! Topic includes politics, religion, society, culture, travel...

But anyway, it's always good to be prepared, so get more documents and good luck. My point is: don't be nervous at all if you are genuine.

calijess said:
Hi,

My husband and I applied for his AOS in March 2004 at the Los Angeles District Office. He had his fingerprinting and EAD in the first week of May 2004. Just yesterday we recieved our interview date, very surprising to me since the INS website says the are only processing Feb 03.

Someone I know has an interview in upcoming days and they applied at the beginning of March, even though the official time for San Jose is January. I guess this is better news that if it would be the other way around
:rolleyes:

Good luck at your interview!

calijess said:
Hi,

I got a letter to get my EAD on Sep 7 (L A District office), Do you know if I will take the fingerprint in there?
The letter didn't say anything about F P.

Please let me know !

EAD and Fingerprints

Hi,

I believe we got two letters the same day, one for Fingerprinting and the other for EAD. My husband had his fingerprinting before his EAD appointment. He didn't have his fingerprinting done at the LA district office, they sent him to a location closer to home and less busy. About a week after his fingerprinting he had his EAD appointment at the LA office. Sorry, I couldn't really help much. Good Luck.

migue1967 said:
I got a letter to get my EAD on Sep 7 (L A District office), Do you know if I will take the fingerprint in there?
The letter didn't say anything about F P.

Please let me know !

Fingerprinting and EAD are independent. I received my EAD and then fingerprinting. for EAD, they took an instant fingerprint.

Ok, thank you for the information.
Another question: Do you already got the GC?, if you do how many time it takes?
I got married to USC !

My LA timeline

It's hard to say how long it really takes to get the acutal green card. Like I said in my previous post, our AOS process is going fast compared to the time line thats given. Filled March 04, May 04 EAD and fingerprinting, and now the interview this month. Only a 6 month wait for interview, but us in shock. I've read many people are waiting on background checks. They have their interview and are approved pending the background checks. Not sure how backed up they are. Then after that clears seems, like you wait for awhile for the actual card to come. When did you file for AOS? You filed at the LA district offive?