In Deep Trouble, I-140 And 485

tot-batot

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I don't want to think and talk about the situation in which I am right now but I have no other choice but to ask for all of you any advise that I can get from you and definitely some words of encouragement. I know that I am in deep trouble but you know that sometimes you don't want to think about it. Any ways here is what happened
I am currently on my 8th year H1 extension which will be expiring in June 2008. I applied for I-140 in February 2007, got a very nasty RFE consists of experience, ability to pay and education. Got 3 months to respond back, replied the RFE on time in October 2007. On 30th November 2007 I got email from USCIS which says that " A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE AND MAILED TO YOU" and does not say specifically that its is a DENIAL or a APPROVAL ,this response is both for I-140 and 485 case. I called my lawyer also and he told me that he cant say anything right now until he receives the paper from USCIS. We are hoping to get the decision paper in mail either on Monday or Tuesday. I think I know what the decision would be but I still would like to cling to light ray of hope here. My labor was filed under EB3.
What if I-140 is denied, what are my options, can I file the I-140 again or what can I do. Please advice , I just cant think at this point. I am just seeing my whole life of 7 years going down the drain.

Please help

I don't want to discourage you, but a decision made message is sure a denial. You can appeal the denial with more info (if you have) and apply for LC again and file I140 once you have LC approved. The appeal's decision takes anyway one year and by the time you should be able to get LC approved and also may be 140 approved too with this LC. This is just gives you ability stay here in status. You can use the pending appeal to extend your H1 in january (you can apply for extension upto 6 month before expiry) so that you could have a valid status until Jun 2009. This is the only advice I can give as I am going through the similar situation.

Is this from NSC?

Best of luck.