Important: Question on Medicals for 485

dallas_boy

Registered Users (C)
If the Civil Surgeon issuing the medical forms, checks the line - due to religious and moral reason - as the reason for not getting MMR (vaccinations) done, will it reflect anything bad while 485 gets processed ?

Will this definitely attract a RFE in the 485 stage ?

Is there anybody who did this before ?

thanks
Boy

Only cases reported here for vaccine deferments were for pregnancy. I don't know if USCIS has to accept relgious reasons as a valid cause. In fact, in some localities children of Christian Science followers are not exempt from this requirement for school admissions. Anyone have information regarding this waiver?

sadiq

vaccinations

I know of cases where kids were not vaccinated on moral/religious grounds. Parents ask for a waiver on vaccinations
in the school form for their kids based on these grounds, this waiver is attested by a notary public and the school simply accepts it. I would guess that a similar standard should be followed by all public institutions.

starbucks
RD 12/14/01

Can someone educate me what can be the moral/religious reasons to not get vaccinations?

Religious background may forbid medical treatment such as Christian Science.

Starbucks, you are correct schools do accept it, but it depends on the school district/state. In WA where I live some schools will require MMR or proof of immunity from all parents; waivers allowed if and only medically justified (i.e. allergic reaction to some vaccine).

rgds,
sadiq