Important---Question about EAD and address change..

kingno1

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Have a question about the address on EAD.
I am moving this weekend and going to send the AR-11 form this monday. I already submitted the forwarding mail form at the local postoffice to be forward from monday.
I just checked BCIS website and my EAD was approved yesterday..
Here is the message...
----------------
On March 19, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
--------------------
So, what will happen to my EAD.
Usually, how long will it take for them to order card and stuff.
Will it be forwarded to my new address or send it back to BCIS since I no longer stay there?
Is there any other way that we inform INS about the addess change so that they can send the card to my new address instead?
Please advise......

I think you should be OK, if you start getting forwarding mails to new address. Normally forwarding takes time so make sure you get forwarded mail to new address from monday.
EAD will be forward to your new address since only GC(plastic card) can not be forward as far I know.

Some time next week you can call INS and inform them about your address change just be double sure.

If you don't get EAD in 2-4 weeks then you need to file another application for lost EAD. But I guess you will get it.

USPS Doesnot Forward

Hi,

I had seen from past postings that USPS doesnot forward official INS mails.

All these letters get stamped with 'Return Service Requested'.

But you know how postal service and INS work. If you are lucky, you might get them forwarded.

Thx Vipsha

Thanks a lot Vipsha for your response.
Someone responded me in the other thread that INS DO NOT forward the INS docs.
So, I want to make sure from people who already got the cards about this.
If there is nothing like " NO NOT FORWARD" on the EAD, Then USPS wont forward the EAD. So, if anyone by any chance had experienced this or
can check the EAD postal cover they received from INS about " DO NOT FORWARD" label on the cover, it will be of great help and relief to me.
Thx,

Search in the forum to get more details.

Following is the Pcee's posting in one the similar topics:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PCee

INS mail forwarding...
Bhagwan, Dee Rod,

If envelope has "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED" stamp on it then USPS is not forwarding that piece of mail to new address when address is changed! They are sending it back to the sender (From Address) after sticking latest address of the receiver.

How do I know about this? I mailed an envelope to a friend who\'s address recently changed and the envelope came back to me with my friend\'s changed address.

Now the question is "Does INS puts that RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED on approval notice"? And the answer is not sure! On some type of notices they do and on some they don\'t!

- PCee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just moved to new apartment and I have received a mail which says "return service requested" and it has been forwarded to new address.

I think "return service requested" will comes in to effect if USPS does not have your new address or you are out of state. USPS is nothing but a another INS.

Call INS to update your address

Hi kingno1,

For my friend, it took INS three days to one week to get the EAD card done and mail it out. My suggestion to you is to call INS and update your address right away before INS sends out the card. Otherwise, you may have a long way to go to get your card. Good luck!

Kingno1,
The same thing happened to me last year in May, EAD was approved just after I sent AR11 and got mail forwarded to new address. EAD went to old address and was not forwarded. Instead it was sent back to INS. Meanwhile, I called INS and updated the address over phone. After a week, INS sent the card to my new address.
I called INS 2-3 times during that time.
Good luck to you.

As far as I know INS doesn't allow any forwarding of the mails.
When I moved out of my last apt my landlord lemme check my mails for about two to three weeks, and after that I had to give back the mail key. Is there anyway you could do that b/c I know the AR-11 takes a while to go through.

Hi,

Did you receive any information on the message regarding EAD approval ""On March 19, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"

Thanks

Thx all

Hi, Guys,
Thx a lot for all your input. I will call INS tommarow and will update them. My attorney send some letter to INS regarding ADDRESS CHANGE to INS on friday along with my AR-11 copies.

The message still says, we ordered the card.

BTW, To call INS and update regarding change of address,
what is the number to call: 949-831-8427?
What is the Best times to call?

EAD card received

Hi Guys, Just to update you guys on this matter..
I received my Cards Today ay my new address.
They were forwarded to my new address.
The mail covers are just plain covers and nothing written on them like "Do not forward" or "Return Service Requested".
BCIS approved EAD on 18th March, Printed cards on 20th march, mailed the cards on 25TH MARCH. Received cards at forwarded address on 3rd april..
Good luck rest of you all who are waiting...:cool:

Congrats

Hi,

I guess you have 'luck' on your side.
Good to note that USPS forwarded to new address.

BTW, did you update your new address by calling IIO or and by sending AR11?

Thx indianadr....
I send the AR-11 form.
My attorney send a letter along with copies of AR-11 form last week.
I called IIO early this week and they still showing the old address(well, cant expect them to update in 10 days though)...I updated them with new address. I will call in a week just to make sure they updated it indeed.