Important notice for case transferers to Newark

AOS030326

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was filed in March, 7 of 2003 and transferred to Newark on Nov, 3rd, 2004. After waiting for 5 months, I contacted NJ senators, congressmen and nothing helped. So I went to moan in front of my lawyer, who called Newark 485 unit head on Friday.

Newark currently is not focusing on 485 transfer cases and they are having some other priorities. So everybody, if your case, like mine, was transfered somewhere late 2004 and still pending, just relax and wait. They say they won't be dealing with 485 case for another half year. The earliest time they will be dealing with 485 case should be next fiscal year, which is Oct, 1st, of 2005.

Might be sporadic cases where people get interview letters, but those were there in line for a loooooooooong time. So don't let one or two cases fool you.

Really, USCIS is indeed the worse agent on earth, no doubt about that. God help us.

I was reading something about that, it was Newark, New York and Boston they have cancelled thousands of interviews to do some other work..!! and will resume in Oct 05 Thought I was seeing things.

no need to doubt

there is no need to doubt about this. This information has been confirmed by the Division Director of 485 unit at Newark. Nothing will happen until October of 2005.

Those bastards go to the hell,

Bad news

Hey Iamwaiting
where did u read about New York and boston included in this can u forward the link please.
thanks

485 pending

Hi guys,

My notice date on 485 is of Dec 4 2003. no approval yet.
i checked on USCIS site. they are currently processing Cases of March 2004.
i wonder where my appplication.
let me know how can i track my case.
any case filed in dec2004 and was approved/
let me know.

How to find out which office application is transferred

Just want to know...
how can i find out if my application of 485 is been tranferred to any local office.
i haven't received any notification from Vermont center

485 ND is 12/4/2003

pls help

My 485 is transferred to Newark on May 3rd 2005 from NSC. Receipt date is Jan 2004.

Please share any experiences of anyone getting interview letters from Newark

sai_srinivas said:
My 485 is transferred to Newark on May 3rd 2005 from NSC. Receipt date is Jan 2004.

Please share any experiences of anyone getting interview letters from Newark

Update the tracker.

Newark Transfers

Hi Sai Srinivas,
My application was transfered to Newark on November 10, 2004.
I had my finger print done on January 12,2005, but still nothing regarding interview date.
I'm also waiting. I hope will happen soon.

Alicja :)

Thanks Alicja. Did you get a finger printing notice after the case has been transferred to the local office? My first finger pringing was done in June last year (2004). Can i expect one too? is it the standard process?

If you have done ur FP last june, then they might not schedule it for you until its more than a year or 15 months. On an average the waiting time for Newark once after the case is transferred is around 8-10 months.

So, you need to wait patiently and also you might get your 2nd FP after July or before your case is going to be adjudicated.

Good Luck.

Case tranfered to Newark

Hi Sai Srinivas,
Yes, I received finger print notice-was done on January 12, 2005.
I'm wonder if everyone who is transfered is getting a interview letter or some cases are approved with out it.
I read that only some people are called for interview.
Please comment what do you think abut this.

Good luck to everynone!
Alicja ;)