Important information for LPRs (EB category)

AJJUGUIDE

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

These are imortant issues for those people (specially job changers) who recently are approved as permanent residents.
I have collected this information from the chat forum from attorny Murthy\'s site. Hope this is useful to you also and you can take any preventive action if needed.

AJJU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chat User : Ma\'m, after GC is approved, can one work in one state, even if the entire GC process (EB2) was done in another state?

Attorney Murthy : Usually it is not a problem, especially if the labor certification had mentioned that the person may work for the employer in various unanticipated locations throughout the U.S. If the LC and I-140 were limited and restrictive, then there may be an issue, otherwise not.

Chat User : How will we know if my I-140 application is limited and restrictive?

Attorney Murthy : By reviewing the Labor Certification application which was filed by your employer for you to obtain the LC approval. Item 9, I believe, asks about the work location where the alien will work. That is where the information is mentioned as either one city or broadly as any location required by the employer. Hope this helps.

Chat User : Even after AC21 this condition of restricted I-140 at CSC applies to us? or can it be changed? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy : If the I-485 is pending in excess of 180 days then the "same or similar" job could be applicable. Otherwise, since CSC is starting to approve the I-485 in less than 180 days, then the person is required to work for the GC-sponsoring employer.