IMPORTANT :FAO All 2001/2002/< OCT 2003 Filers

tom300025

Registered Users (C)
All:

USCIS backlog elimination strategy is to process newer applications first and then catch-up with older applications as and when they find time.

They are doing exactly that. Oct 2003 cases are financial year 2004 cases for USCIS. hence they are processing those and as and when they find time they are approving some of older cases. Hence we see very few older cases being approved. This will not change unless we show our protest to this asap.

I think one way to stop this is
1>. Send faxes to director of VSC asking to stop these random approvals
2>. Send faxes to your senator and congressmans explaining the injustice created by USCIS
3>. Send faxes to some top newspapers and TV stations to air the problems

If we dont take action, things will not change and this shit will keep continuing and will get worse as visa numbers will tighten. Also PERM coming early next year means lots of new applications. We could be waiting forever!!!!

SO ACT NOW....

I agree with you.

Yesterday, I sent 2 fax to DE senator and congressmans's office about my case.

I filed I-485 in Aug, 2002, so far, no news!

I will take action with you guys.

I don't think so

tom300025 said:
hence they are processing those and as and when they find time they are approving some of older cases.

I appreciate the frustration (which I share, RTD 03/2003) and it is true that they are approving lots of newer cases before the older ones, but I don't agree with the notion that they process older cases only if and when they have the time.

If you look at nemessis latest scan of his 16,000+ I-485 case database you will see that they are processing cases scattered almost evenly thgroughout the entire period sept02 to sept 03 (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=125115&page=17&pp=15) see post #254 there.
Each line is a scan done at a different date with the most recent one (dec 08) in red on top. Addressing directly your point, the fact that the lines are moving upward almost in parallel with the previous ones, for several of the most recent scans, indicates that the number of cases is being processed almost evenly throughout the entire period of one year being scanned.

What happens is that VSC is not respecting FIFO rules and I agree that that is not fair to the older cases, that newer cases are processed first but its not the same as saying that older cases are being postponed.

It's a pity that nemessis will not do his scans anymore, because there is no better way to know what's really happening at VSC. This was much more informative, accurate and complete that any of the trackers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 02 - still waiting

They may be processing randomly but it appears that the number of 2001/2002 approvals are hardly coming these days.