Important AP question, Please response

gc_hopefully

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I applied for Thai visa as I am going home via Bangkok. Now they refused me to give visa because they want a copy of my greencard. I explained them about AP in detail but they are not getting it. Even though I don't mind staying in the airport for 8-12 hours but I am worried that they on my return flight to USA ,Bangkok airport people might create problem as they might be the same morons like they have here at the Thai LA consulate.
Now I am debating if I should even take a chance to fly Thai?
Does anyone know of the incident where people couldn't come back with valid AP. In the worst case scenarion if they refuse to let me board the airline in Bangkok then what are my options. I just don't want get stuck there.
Any info or advice will be appreciated.

I've had the same problem when returning from Chile.

Ask the airline checkin guy to call BCIS in the port where you're entering. That's what I did in Santiago and the guy faxed the INS in Miami, got an answer in an hour. What a waste of time.
People behind me were complaining and they closed the checkin line just because of us.
That also means that you'd have to find a person who knows whom in INS to ask.
Also, it is clearly stated on AP document that this document is good for entering US, which is enough to absolve airlines of their legal responsibility not to fly people who cannot show that they have grounds for admittance to US.

thanks for sharing Ruxrux

That is scary because Thai immigration is notorious for hassling people. I really have to think hard and make a decision.
Is there anyone here who flew thai recently???Please let me know

Your option

Hi,

Let me first list out what an AP is. by the way guys i'm reading lots of law book related to immigration that's why i have some information which i would like to share.

When u file AP application you specify which country you are travelling and how long you will stay. This means, you are eligible to travell to that country and then return to US without any problem. You can not try switching to anothe country without having a valid AP for that country. Dont' mistake that you have AP that means you can travell anywhere. even though AP approval says travel document to enter IN US.

Please do not try new tricks on AP. if you are going to India just go, if you don't have to go out in Bankok then you don't need Visa i guess. AP is recognized in every immigration counter in every country. I have used and i know it. You will not have a problem using AP.

But I can't say if you want to visit other places without proper AP.

up_bhai
Thanks for your detail reply. I am planning on going home only. Hopefully there will be no issues.
It's just that I heard sometimes they don't recognize AP and they look for visa or gc. One of my friend was stuck in Dubai for 2 hours

You don't have to say which country you are going to and how long you are going to stay. AP is not limited to one country or one date, you can get multiple entry AP, section 7 of i-131 specifically asks 1 trip or multiple trips. No where in the application on I-131 it asks which country are you travelling to.
The only question you will find is when do you intend to leave and the duration, for these you can reply multiple varies , if you don't have firm date.