Importance of Welcome Letter

youGuysRock

Registered Users (C)
I did Consular Processing. I received my plastic card on Tuesday. I have not received the welcome letter. However, I had seen posts here that people first receive welcome letter, and then the plastic card.
- What is the welcome letter?
- Is it important? Will I ever need it?
- What should I do since I donot have it, but have the plastic card? Should I contact the INS?

Thanks guys

Dukhi and JoeF

First of all thanks for replying.
However, why are you so rude? I asked a question, because I was not sure what the welcome letter is intended for. I, ofcourse, have never seen one. My objective was just to understand if there is a problem I need to worry about; and if I read my question again - I donot think that I asked a stupid question.
We all come to the board to understand the issues, and either solve our problems, or help other solve their problems.
Anyway,
I am still not sure as to what is the intention of the welcome letter, what are the repurcusions of not haing it, etc...
If anybody can be kind enough to please answer this, that would be extremely helpful

Thanks and I do apologize if I am doing something that makes anybody unhappy

Welcome Letter

I received my welcome letter more than a week after I received the physical card. It is not important, in the sense if you dont have it, it is not effecting your status.
 As such the welcome letter is just like your other approvals I-797 and it has your case No. SRC#, A# etc., so if you get it, it is convenient to file it for your records... PERIOD

No Title

May be a way for INS to double check if you have received your
plastic card they sent it to you. I received the welcome letter after
a month of receipt of plastic card.

SRC#

Does any body know the SRC# is permanent for a person\'s INS file.like if the card had any mistakes we file I-90, is it the same SRC# we use for furthur enquiry?
 2. If the card has an expiry date and we renew it with I-89 at local office, does the same SRC# applies to the new card too?

Any inputs apprecited.