Impact on green card

coolbuddy

Hi,
I am on H1 and my husband has applied for green card .I was charged for shoplifting for 26$ and this is my first offense.i was not arrested but i was asked to attend the court.But as this was my first offense they said that case would be under continuall dismissal for one year and if i am not involved in sholifting or any crime again that case would be dismissed and would not be in records after one year.my question is does this effect my green card .Will INS will have any reason to deny my permanent residentship based on these.Please help me out.
Thanks,
Coolbuddy.

Part 3 of form I-485 asks:

Have you ever, in or outside the U. S. knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or a drug-related offense for which you have not been arrested?

As to whether this crime can be categorized as one of moral turpitude, I dont know. If I had to take a guess, I would say it is.

They also ask these questions in the interview.

You should consult a lawyer.

It also says on the form:
Answering "Yes" does not necessarily mean that you are not entitled to adjust your status or register for permanent residence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont mention it

Since it was "ACD" ..."Adjourned in contemplation of dismissal...as dismissal is that you are not guilty and it never happened..you did not do it...OK