Impact of submitting app for brother GC

RocknTree

Registered Users (C)
If a I130 application is submitted for sponsoring brother GC, what will be the impact, for me and for brother?
For me, responsibility, and sponhorship.
For brother, it'll be a long wait. Will he have trouble to get business or travel visa before the I130 is approved?

Your idea, profound knowledge and opinion are greatly appreciated, and it'll be helpful for others who are considering doing so.
Thanks!

RE: Family Sponsorship

If a I130 application is submitted for sponsoring brother GC, what will be the impact, for me and for brother?
For me, responsibility, and sponhorship.
For brother, it'll be a long wait. Will he have trouble to get business or travel visa before the I130 is approved?

Your idea, profound knowledge and opinion are greatly appreciated, and it'll be helpful for others who are considering doing so.
Thanks!

As far as the visa is concerned, if you already filed his I-130, he will show up in your country's US consulate system, so he will probably not be getting any visas. I mean, he can try, the worst it can happen, is that the officer at the US Consulate starts asking lots of questions relevant to I-130 and to the fact that he might want to stay in the US and not wait for his approved I-130.- But, I don't think that will create problems, if he can show he needs to goto the USA for strictly business.-