Impact of amended reckless driving charge on GC and immigration processes

iv26172

Hey There

Last year, I was charged with reckless driving for speeding above 80mph - which becomes a class 1 misdemeanor. However, an attorney went to court on my behalf and reduced / amended it to a traffic infraction (speeding ticket with 3 points)....

what impact does this scenario have on immigration and GC processes.
I am getting married this year and am planning to bring my wife on H4...will the above scenario impact that?

Regards
IV

Thanks a lot for posting your reply.

I have one more question:

In the visa appointment forms and other federal background investigation forms, there is a standard question
"Have you been convicted or charged or arrested for offenses / crimes, even though you are subjected to pardon?" - Yes / No.
I am confused at what option should I select.
Since, I was initially charged for reckless driving, should I say Yes and mention about it?
Since it got reduced to normal speeding ticket, should I say No?

Plese help me on this.

Regards
IV

The question is " Have you ever been charged with an offense? " so the answer will be yes as you were charged with a offense no matter how minor. Always include a certified disposition with those forms sent so they can see it was a minor infraction.
There is an exception for N -400 where you don't have to mention the traffic infractions which have a fine of less than $500.00 but if you want you can and attach a certified disposition of the case.